Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Shooting Assoc

... anti-terrorist type survival scenarios ... counter-terrorist survival purposes ...

I'd like to see those courses of fire.

That is probably a sub gun stage ;)

counter-terrorist survival purposes .....

I'm thinking that the "counter terrorist survival stage" starts with the shooter hands relaxed at sides gun holstered, standing in front of a "suicide bomber". On signal (signal indicates the suicide bomber has initiated the firing system of his suicidal payload).... shooter draws and fires two shots (or as many as he can fire considering that some firing systems detonate at 27,000 fps)

Should fall right into line with the newest class Advanced Performance Shooting is offering... Suicide Bomber 101. We encourage max participation from the students so they get a good feel for what it would be like at the proverbial ground zero. So far no one has signed up.....

• 4 months later...
I'm not absolutely sure that TSA or the new IDSA will either fill any real niche.  In the end, it all comes down to the shooting.  It doesn't matter where they have to carry their holster, what they have to hide behind, what size box the gun fits in, or how the stage scenarion is read, TGO and Dave Sevigny would still kick our asses.  I think we'd all be better in the long run if we quit whining about equipment rules and just became more proficient with whatever equipment we choose to use. 

That being said... tell me the rules and point me to the range!!!  I'll shoot USPSA, IDPA, NRA action pistol, GSSF, TSA, IDSA or anything else that goes bang!!!  I love to shoot, and am always looking for an excuse to do more of it.  I wish the new organizations the best of luck, and look forward to shooting a match if one ever happens in my area!!!

At least somebody here has a good attitude about things...

Well, I shot in what we believe to be the first ever sanctioned TSA match yesterday at the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club. There were about 15 people who showed up to shoot.

We shot four stages. Two were pretty much IDPA-type stuff with cover, drawing from concealment, etc. The other two stages were drill courses with no concealment required. One stage was 21 rounds minimum and another was 18 rounds minimum. Total round count for all four stages was about 60 rounds.

I think everybody who came out had a good time. It'll take awhile before everybody's comfortable with the different rules, etc. I do like shooting more steel and I'm glad to see this change over the usual IDPA match. Plus we had some 20 yard shots, which are always fun and can really test a shooter's skill. Also the rules are somewhat looser with which targets can be engaged in which order, etc. so each shooter can use a little creativity when it's his turn to shoot.

Overall, it was a fun match and I look forward to next month's. Anybody looking for more info should visit azidpa.com or contact Mark Perez here on the board.

Tokarev ,

Thanks for the summary and you shot very well !

Total turnout was 20 - not bad for a first time effort and a summer early morning match.

Once it starts cooling down - I'll throw more stages out there and we can start on the sub/sg/rifle stuff.

See you next time.

Until that day,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If TSA comes up north here I will certainly try it out.  I just can't afford yet another membership fee.  Match fee yes, membership no.  I have to many things on the fire now.

Some of our people are handling that by letting their IDPA membership expire and turning the $$ around into TSA..

• 2 weeks later...

Tokarev ,

We had 19 participants for the early morning start time of 0700.

Stage 1 had multiple solutions and positions to engage all 6 targets.

Stage 2 had the shooter downloaded to 6 at the start and engaging targets behind real hard cover. I really screwed the pooch on that one , put a partially loaded magazine back in the pouch after stage 1 and forgot to reload it. :blink:

Stage 3 was the plate rack at 25/20/15 and 10 yards.

Stage 4 was fun n' gun stage , including tossing a grenade prop!

Round count was about 100 give or take and everyone was done by about 1000.

You up for Shooters World tomorrow?

Until that day,

Mark

Edited by Mark Perez

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

TSA is only about 10 months old, and we got off to a slow start. But we are finally starting to move it forward.

A lot of the rules you guys quoted were from the “Proposed” rule book, which were put forth to get membership input. We had a lot of hashing out to do. I think the rules are in pretty good shape right now, although not perfect. Here they are:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/tsa/rulebook.html

We update the rules each month after receiving member input, and input from match officials. The rulesbook is posted on the TSA webiste for PDF download.

The forums are intended for TSA members. If you want to contribute or complain, you have to be a member or pay a nominal one time fee for the privilege of cussing me out (not like here, where you can do it for free :P ).

Yes, we do have a “Sub-Gun” division, as we are a “Tactical” (am I allowed to say that here?) venue for playing with Defensive (Brian will probably hate me for this) weapons (sorry, Dude! :unsure: )...

Yes, TSA is a game (practice if you will) for the tactical type shooters. I hope you will come and play. I promise a fair shake for all.

Respectfully,

Edited by DRM

TSA is not non-profit. The membership has a say in the polls we take and are free to speak out on the TSA forums. But the final decisions rest with the BOA (Board of Advisors) and myself.

Shoot safe,

D.R. Midllebrooks – President

Tactical Shooting Association (TSA)

http://www.TacticalShootingAssociation.com

Edited by DRM

TSA is not non-profit. The membership has a say in the polls we take and are free to speak out on the TSA forums. But the final decisions rest with the BOA (Board of Advisors) and myself.

Shoot safe,

D.R. Midllebrooks – President

Tactical Shooting Association (TSA)

http://www.TacticalShootingAssociation.com

So is this being run as a business by you?

Hell, somebody's got to be Chief. If you are the one with the vision - who better than yourself to make it happen...?? Just looking at some of the discussions over trivia here should make you realize that rule by membership just won't cut it. If you don't run any organization as a business it will soon be a memory.