Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet tumbling from G34 KKM Bayou reloads

1eyedfatman

Yikes! I'll check tonight and post a photo if I can. I'll have to read up on the forum help notes on how to post a photo. Based on the caliper you're showing, I'm guessing I'm reading it wrong. Mine are probably 1.140. Ignore the slow guy in the back of the room and carry on with your normal lives.

Coach.

Edited by CoachLongShot

Posting a photo is easy. Resize the pic from your phone to something reasonable, like 200K, upload to one of the free web photo hosts, then click on the picture, and paste the URL link into the image box (green box below left of smiley icon). Like this

image36941.jpg

Okay got it. Again, back of the classroom, short-bus ridin', need to renew my glasses. See the image of the calipers, 1.140 is my overall length with 147gr Bayou Bullets, assorted range brass, Winchester primer, and 3.3grs of Titegroup. The plate that the caliper is sitting on was my target at 7 paces. (Just paced off 7 steps from my target and dragged a line in the sand). The other paper target is 15 paces. Both using my Glock 34 Gen 4 with the factory barrel, sites, ..., everything. (My wife just bought me the 34 as a birthday gift, so it's bone stock).

post-30317-0-39308500-1427892812_thumb.j

post-30317-0-33866900-1427892821_thumb.j

What you show are not key holes, that's just the way the rounds look on a paper plate. Hole shape depends on target material and backing. Try a standard USPSA/IDPA cardboard target instead.

The upper and lower round are key holing.

image.jpg

standard holes

image36857.jpg

Edited by 9x45

That plate may not be entirely flat when you hit it too. If shooting outdoors, was there any wind? If they were really tumbling, you'd see some much longer holes.