Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production mods?

Wesquire

The search option is your friend.... your typical mods will be recoil spring, guiderod and misc. springs... be aquainted with mr. flitz....

Yeah, but the problem is search doesn't really tell you the details you might need....like how you should get a one piece sear if you are going to use the xtreme hammer.

Anyways, I don't even have my gun yet, but I thought I'd make a list and I would appreciate if y'all could tell me where I go wrong. Here's what I have gathered so far:

Xtreme Delta Hammer

One piece hard sear

FO front sight

Xtreme Grips

8lbs Recoil Spring

Xtreme "Light" Hammer Spring

Semi-flat trigger

"Light" and "Extra power" Firing Pin Springs (Can someone please explain the effect on primer strikes? Why does the recoil spring come with the extra power FP spring?)

Xtreme or Henning Firing Pin

Theoretically, should these parts give me a nice trigger and also prevent light primer strikes?

Edited by Wesquire

When it comes to springs, its a balancing act. The lighter you go the lighter the trigger pull....HOWEVER the lighter you go the more you run into the risk of light primer strikes. Too much emphasis it put on trigger pull weight when it should be how smooth the pull is. You can have a 4lb trigger pull feel lighter than a 2lb just because its so much smoother.

When it comes to springs, its a balancing act. The lighter you go the lighter the trigger pull....HOWEVER the lighter you go the more you run into the risk of light primer strikes. Too much emphasis it put on trigger pull weight when it should be how smooth the pull is. You can have a 4lb trigger pull feel lighter than a 2lb just because its so much smoother.

The extra power firing pin spring will increase trigger pull and help prevent light prime strikes correct?

The "one piece hard sear" you have in your list, where are you getting it from?

If it's EGW, I don't think it will work for production. At least looking at the picture. It looks like it doesn't have the arm for the FPB.

The "one piece hard sear" you have in your list, where are you getting it from?

If it's EGW, I don't think it will work for production. At least looking at the picture. It looks like it doesn't have the arm for the FPB.

The EGW is the only one in stock right now. It doesn't engage the FPS.

Your title to this thread is production mods. Are you shooting this in uspsa production, or do you mean mods you can do from the factory?

If you're shooting production, disabling the FPB is illegal.

I will be using the one that doesn't disable the FPB

^^ yes

No!!

Firstly the firing pin spring has zero effect on trigger pull. Nothing to do with it at all.

Secondly a heavier firing pin spring may cause light strikes. That spring is providing resistance to the pin. So the heavier the spring the weaker the hit. When tuning the gun you generally fit a lighter hammer spring (primarily to reduce da pull weight) when you do this its a good idea to fit a LIGHTER firing pin spring.

Also Wes. The hard sear is made by egw. It's not production legal as it doesn't operate the firing pin block. You are better off with just a 1 piece factory sear.

^^ yes

No!!

Firstly the firing pin spring has zero effect on trigger pull. Nothing to do with it at all.

Secondly a heavier firing pin spring may cause light strikes. That spring is providing resistance to the pin. So the heavier the spring the weaker the hit. When tuning the gun you generally fit a lighter hammer spring (primarily to reduce da pull weight) when you do this its a good idea to fit a LIGHTER firing pin spring.

Also Wes. The hard sear is made by egw. It's not production legal as it doesn't operate the firing pin block. You are better off with just a 1 piece factory sear.

Yeah, I got the factory 1 piece. So if I have light primer strike problems, what should be the first fix I try? Heavier hammer spring? Clip coils from Fp spring?

You dont even have the gun yet! You wont have light strikes if you use the light firing pin spring and the extended firing pin.

Just don't want to be sitting around with a gun that don't work. Trying to get all my bases covered :).

Yes if you do suffer light strikes (and assuming you have extended firing pin and light during pin spring) you would consider the following:

Make sure firing pin is not dragging/hitting the fpb

Make sure you are seating your primers nice and deep (assuming you reload)

Then you would try a heavier hammer spring it will give a harder strike but will increase the da trigger pull. Sa not affected much if at all.