Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modifying scope electronics

chendersby

Have a Bushnell 1-4 AR series scope. Would be the ultimate scope if the illuminated reticle was visible in daylight. It is first focal plane so at 1 power the reticle turns into a small dot. Awesome if you only shoot indoors. I tried doubling up on the battery which made it a little better. So I figured if 6 volts is better the maybe 9 will do it. OOPs think I fried the electronics.

So I'm thinking of taking it apart to see if I can put stronger electronics in. Anyone taken one of these apart, know someone who will work on it or any schematics available? Or any other info and advice?

Edited by chendersby

My advice, don't do it :). If you want a day light bright scope it would be better to pony up and buy one, then start to tinker with your current scope only to have to buy another one in the future :P

Edited by DocMedic

Update, another scope for the junk box, lol. Tried to get to the led to see if I could replace it with a brighter one, no go, its buried pretty deep in the scope. Glad it was only a couple hundred bucks.

Mark, where can I find an XTR for $700.

All the new XTR scopes have a very bright reticle.

No they do not. The higher mag optics have a different set-up and they are not good in bright light. For overcast to dark, they are great. Different applications.