Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dented cases in Limited .40

Prov1x

On my limited gun, on the case underneath the one that is going into the chamber, is getting dented about 1/2 way down. I broke the face of the rail underneath the slide to the angle its supposed to be, polished the rail accordingly. The dent is just a small dimple but there is definitely a dent in the case.

The rounds being dented don't get pulled too far forward to effect the mags from being released. It was doing it with the factory mag and spring and with the grams spring and followers with the henning pads. Do you think I just need to let the springs in the mags set a bit or what could be causing this?

Also as of right now I can only get 19 in the mag and that is pushing it, they are tight at even 16-17 and I have to really push the 17th through 19th round in there using an uplula. Couldn't do it by hand. But the 19 are reloadable, even with them being that tight.

post-22773-0-11857500-1426011712_thumb.j

Edited by Prov1x

Stiff springs and possibly a sharp edge on the face of the rib on the bottom of the slide.

See:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=211361

Yeah I already did the rounding of the face on the bottom of the slide and polished the rail really well. I left the mag loaded at home so we will see if it gets better or not.

I have noticed this when loading 40 in new magazines with extensions and springs. Mine are caused on the last few shells from the magazine loader when I push them down forcefully. Still seem to shoot fine.

Yup I think it's the uplula doing it. I have noticed this as well. When your loading your mags, smack the mag bases on the table it's easier to load. You can get 20 reloadable even with brand new springs that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk