Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Mag release

Malarkey

I replaced the standard mag release with an extended one on my SP-01. I like it, it isn't so long that its in the way but long enough to make a slight difference on reaching the mag release.

Extended mag release is very helpful if you have small hands. Just be careful shooting weak handed.

I like the extended release with large hands. With the extended release, I don't have to break my firing grip.

I'll be in the minority here. I don't see the need for the extended release. I shoot with the standard SP-01 mag release. I have long fingers and don't have to shift my grip to reach the release.

I don't see a downside to having the extended release though, so if you are thinking about it go ahead.

If you can reach the mag release without changing your grip then there isn't an advantage to the extended. I can't reach the standard mag release, but I can reach the extended without issue. Medium hand size.

If you can reach the mag release without changing your grip then there isn't an advantage to the extended. I can't reach the standard mag release, but I can reach the extended without issue. Medium hand size.

I think i am just going to stick with the standard one. I was doing some dry fire drills and it didn't seem hard to reach or anything. I do have relatively larger hands though.