Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-09 grip size

z40acp

How does the P-09 compare to a SP-01 Shadow with the aluminum grips from the Custom shop? Width the same? What about grip shape? I think the Shadow is different from a regular 75. Does the P-09 feel like a Shadow? Thanks

I may be able to help you out a little. The P-09/07 grip is flatter on the sides, less oval shape than the 75 grip. Also, the trigger reach is different. Here is a video comparison.

http://youtu.be/gByPKEX4z4E

That said, I fattened up my P-09 grip and added some material to the front of the trigger, and got the feel pretty close.

The comparison is like this. The P-09 feels like the grip was molded around the magazine, then the front and rear rounded some. It makes for a light, narrow grip for a service gun and is great for a lot of shooters. I have very long hands and fingers, so I like more reach and fatter grips, to get the reach to the trigger better for me.

I may be able to help you out a little. The P-09/07 grip is flatter on the sides, less oval shape than the 75 grip. Also, the trigger reach is different. Here is a video comparison.

http://youtu.be/gByPKEX4z4E

That said, I fattened up my P-09 grip and added some material to the front of the trigger, and got the feel pretty close.

The comparison is like this. The P-09 feels like the grip was molded around the magazine, then the front and rear rounded some. It makes for a light, narrow grip for a service gun and is great for a lot of shooters. I have very long hands and fingers, so I like more reach and fatter grips, to get the reach to the trigger better for me.

Thank you. Does anyone else have both and can give me their opinion on the feel or difference?

Can anyone use their calipers and measure from the trigger pad {deepest part of the curve} to the back grip under the beavertail? Thanks in advance, I think this could help a lot of people.

Holy shit what happened to that P-09? Looks like someone vomited on it, grew black mold and then hardened in the sun.

This is why one buys a plastic gun--JB-Weld works great on it. The trigger guard is also trimmed. It was an experiment in ovalizing the grip and it worked so well that I didn't change it. And yes, I have won a few bullseye matches with it. And the fellows with the custom 1911's had the same response that you had.

Joe,what rear sight and specifics on the trigger on that 75. Thanks ,Scotty

That is a Springer Precision mount for a 75B (same dovetail) with a Burris Fast Fire III with a 3 moa dot. It has held up perfectly for over 8k rounds. I have an Ultradot tube type on the 22 Kadet but I haven't tried to mount on on the 9 or the 45. I use the Burris on both of the centerfire guns.

I love ugly guns. I love competing with guns no one else has ever seen. Truth is, in Bullseye, the shooter matters, and the shooter to gun ergonomics matter. I am able to get the ergonomics right with the CZs for me and my long fingers, so I shoot the CZ's.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifIMG_20150323_091335.jpg

Pic shows distance from DA wall to back of grip. With DA pretravel it is 3".

I have a CZ SP01 Shadow Custom Target without the short reset. DA is 2.995" / 2.915" at DA wall. It is 2.722" with hammer cocked and 2.409" at SA wall. Hope this helps anyone do some comparisons.