Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Standard table"

ATLDave

Several USPSA classifiers require a "standard" table, or a "standard height" table, or a "standard card table." Are there specified dimensions or specifications for these, or do they truly mean any folding card table of dimensions that are unremarkable and common? Thanks in advance!

Not that I have seen. I just bought a cheap fold up card table to use when needed. Many of the OLD classifiers were more loose with the specifics compared to the more specific versions coming out these days.

I've seen a square card table, a rectangular 3'x5' plastic table, and a desk used. Just as long as you don't consider a childrens' tea party table as "standard". :)

While tables can have different shapes and sizes, the standard height of a dining table is pretty consistent. To function well, it has to be high enough so that there is enough clearance space above the knees of those who gather round to eat or chat. To be able to dine comfortably the table should not be too high. For that reason most dining tables are 28" to 30" high.

While tables can have different shapes and sizes, the standard height of a dining table is pretty consistent. To function well, it has to be high enough so that there is enough clearance space above the knees of those who gather round to eat or chat. To be able to dine comfortably the table should not be too high. For that reason most dining tables are 28" to 30" high.

I came to post this. Most desks are 30" high as well. My steel office-type desk is 30" tall.

Most of the classifiers I remember used a table pretty much as something to start behind with no expected movement around either side. So the width and length wouldn't matter, just the height and clearance for any seated position where part of the body is under the rear edge. Needs to be sturdy enough for body parts, props, guns and magazines, but I think that's just about all.

Now, something like MiniMart needs a specially built prop. We had one, but I don't think we've shot that classifier since the prop fell apart (is it still on the list?).

Most of the classifiers I remember used a table pretty much as something to start behind with no expected movement around either side. So the width and length wouldn't matter, just the height and clearance for any seated position where part of the body is under the rear edge. Needs to be sturdy enough for body parts, props, guns and magazines, but I think that's just about all.

Now, something like MiniMart needs a specially built prop. We had one, but I don't think we've shot that classifier since the prop fell apart (is it still on the list?).

yes mini mart is still active and a lot of fun to shoot!