Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have a 1911 Traditional Match Elite 9mm?

FF112173

Have it in 40 S&W, put on the Hogue 3 piece grip,MSH set and good to go for competition. Have run 400 rounds through it and no complaints. I also changed the front sight to a fiber optic.

I also have a Sig 1911 Max in 45 and really don't see a whole lot of difference.

I can say that I can recommend it.

• 1 month later...

Friend of mine got one in January. I have shot it, liked it a bunch. Seems very well built and accurate, runs 100% with several different types of ammo tried so far. The trigger is listed as 5 lbs, and it is 5 lbs. I will get it down to 3.5 lbs with some standard 1911 parts.

Joe

Edited by Joe L

Yes. It was my third SIG 1911. Trigger down to a safe 2 1/2 lbs just by tweaking the sear spring. Have a few thousand rounds through it (several thousand more through my 45 SIG 1911s) and never a hiccup using Metalform or Wilson ETM mags.

I bought it as a backup to my Dan Wesson PM-9 - the Wesson is now the backup. I think SIG 1911s remain some of the best values out there (although prices have crept up - my .45s were closer to $700 each).

Edited by peterthefish

• 8 months later...

Yes ser..80

Yes yank them out and put the shim in from brownells or lots of other suppliers

Internal parts are sound and standard 1911 parts, some have EGW internals, adjust sear spring and see what you get, may be all you need to do.

One of the best if not the best 1911 value on the market

I also have a Sig Match Elite 9mm 1911. Its fantastic and probably the most accurate pistol I own. I shoot SS minor with it and it eats every type of ammo I've fed it flawlessly. Mine still has the series 80 components, however its not affected the gun one bit. I use Wilson ETM magazines as well