Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sold My 550 :(

So the guy who bought my 550 came and picked it up this afternoon. It was my first press and I learned so much about reloading using that simple but very effective platform over the last few years. I wish I could say that I loaded 200,000 rounds on it but It was more like 20,000 which in the grand scheme of things, ain't too bad.

I learned how to set up the dies, and fix the de-priming pin when it sucked primers back into the case (slight bend). I learned about OAL and pressure, how different powders metered from the powder measure, and I spent countless hours on this awesome forum finding recipes and reading reviews on different powders and bullets. I can't say that I'm an expert reloader by any stretch of the imagination but I would consider myself a strong "B class". I'm going to miss that machine and it was a sad minute to see it go.

A lot of guys saw my ad here on the forum and a lot of my friends contacted me expressing concern. Word spread pretty quick that I'd sold my gun a few weeks ago and most wanted to know if I was giving up on shooting entirely. I also got a lot of generous offers from friends to subsidize my shooting until things changed. I am genuinely grateful to all that expressed well wishes and just want to let everyone know that everything is fine. In fact it's great!!!

Might even be better than that......

IMG_4892_zpsjhm5vcbd.jpg

IMG_4897_zpszb3mnoao.jpg

I believe this is what Mr. Enos would consider a "650 as it should be". I am blessed to start a new journey.