Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TacSport Front Sight?

tarosean

You can order it right from CZC. The lower one is for the adj rear sight, the higher one for the fixed sight. If you go looking at Dawson's, Brazos, etc., be aware they measure sight height differently than CZC.

This is the CZC unit for the fixed rear sight: http://czcustom.com/CZ-Fiber-Optic-Front-Sight-7.5mm-with-1.0mm-FibreRod.aspx

They also make this height in a wider blade if you like. For the adjustable rear you want the 6.5mm high sight.

The factory front sight is 7.5 mm (as cz measures it). I would shoot it with your load first and see where the bullets impact before ordering a FO. A 1 mm difference in front sight height will make about a 2 inch difference at 10 yards.

Shooting it first is a good idea, just in case. A friend bought a 9mm TS and she was shooting 9" high at 14 yards. When I got my TS 40, it was right on. I didn't like the height of the fixed rear sight, but didn't want an adjustable. So I ordered a .100" wide, .170" high (the way Dawson measures). That is the height that would match the adjustable rear. I measured the height of the original and the Dawson FO, and cut the top of my rear sight down by that amount. I cut the notch deeper and rounded and beveled the corners. I also beveled the top front of the sight and reblued. Now I can use it as a slide racker and it won't chew up my finger.

My TS in 9mm shoots dead on with 147 grs bullets @ 25 yds with a 6 o'clock hold and stock sights.. A little higher with 124 grs bullets.

I'm going to install a Vortex Razor dot when the CZC dovetail slide racker arrives. Might have to modify the adapter.

Edited by sp00ky