Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crossfit Open?

Corey

Is anyone else who does Crossfit signed up for the Open this year? This is my 3rd Open competition. Our box is doing an intermural team deal so that will be fun, but I basically have zero chance of moving on to Regionals, haha. Who else is getting ready for 5 weeks of hell? :)

You'll never be "ready". Think of this as a benchmark in time. Next year, you can look back and see how far you've come. My box has been programming some old the past couple years workouts the last month or so and I've been topping everyone of my scores from last year. Improvement!!

Corey,

Is this something only for top performers? Or do they have divisions for soft little bitches like me?

Hey Erik, I think the whole sport is for soft little bitches like you. Big hard bitches race motorcycles or bicycles or play hockey. They haven't got time for slightly butch aerobicize. :devil:

Why would anyone even participate in an activity outside of marriage that was '5 weeks of hell' when there are so many fun ways to compete and stay in shape (like racing bicycles or playing hockey, for example....)

Unless of course you can wangle some way to get it counted as duty time...

Edited by motosapiens

Corey,

Is this something only for top performers? Or do they have divisions for soft little bitches like me?

Hey Erik, I think the whole sport is for soft little bitches like you. Big hard bitches race motorcycles or bicycles or play hockey. They haven't got time for slightly butch aerobicize. :devil:

Why would anyone even participate in an activity outside of marriage that was '5 weeks of hell' when there are so many fun ways to compete and stay in shape (like racing bicycles or playing hockey, for example....)

Unless of course you can wangle some way to get it counted as duty time...

10 days a month bro, the station is full of bumper plates and kettle bells!

Come shoot Wednesday's indoor at impact. Matt asked me to design a stage... Burpees and pull-ups in the WSB mo-fo! ( probably the last time anyone asks me to design a stage )?

Come shoot Wednesday's indoor at impact. Matt asked me to design a stage... Burpees and pull-ups in the WSB mo-fo! ( probably the last time anyone asks me to design a stage )

I don't know if I'm more skeered of physical activity or of the toxic effects of shooting indoors. Can you bring some of those fire-guy respirator gizmos?

Come shoot Wednesday's indoor at impact. Matt asked me to design a stage... Burpees and pull-ups in the WSB mo-fo! ( probably the last time anyone asks me to design a stage )

I don't know if I'm more skeered of physical activity or of the toxic effects of shooting indoors. Can you bring some of those fire-guy respirator gizmos?

post-38037-0-03540300-1424502478_thumb.j

Jokes aside, the Open is for just about everyone. In fact, since the vast majority of people who sign up will never make Regionals, this is the beginning and end of my CrossFit Games season. This is the playoffs and Super Bowl all together, haha. Find a box near you and sign up. you won't forget it.

Just think how great you'll feel when you do it again in a few months and RX it! This is just a small step ;)

15.2 tomorrow...I'm thinking something to test capacity. Longer timeframe and some double unders or burpees in it.

I had to scale the snatch to 95. So dosnt matter if I did 180 reps, no rx= no numbers to me.

No worries there, man. I scaled to 85 lbs. :)

Just think how great you'll feel when you do it again in a few months and RX it! This is just a small step ;)

15.2 tomorrow...I'm thinking something to test capacity. Longer timeframe and some double unders or burpees in it.

Burpees, sure go ahead. Double unders, no way man. Definitely need work on those...

did 15.3 Friday night. wasn't thrilled to see muscle ups but ended up getting the 7 in the first round and then 2 more in the 2nd. Im pretty happy with that. tore my wrists up pretty bad with my false grip, though lol. Wont be practicing them for at least a week

• 2 weeks later...