Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winning the job after a 2-1/2 year search.

DCMJ

And moving to Phoenix! aka "You don't have to shovel heat."

I'll be arriving in late March and will be looking to learn all I can. I realize that there are lots of options for clubs and matches. But, whats' a 59-year-old novice to do?

I am a Electronic Data Storage subject matter expert for one manufacturer's line of products, and getting 'old'. Mostly, while I was a great candidate, the comp sucked on offers I did receive and I couldn't survive on what was offered. In spite of being very clear from first contact what my expectations were.

Wasted a lot of time declining lowball offers. "We thought if you didn't have to travel that you would be OK with less.", "This is the range approved for the position...".

I was very, very fortunate to have been working and to have a skill set that is in demand. I was able to bide my time until I found the best opportunity. At my present, soon previous employer I had great colleagues and immediate management, but the company was clearly under capitalized and made that very clear in pay and expense policies.

Not typical of most job searches these days. I thank Him every day for that.

I will be the Senior Storage Architect for Scottscale Lincoln Health Network.

Edited by DCMJ

Congratulations. You don't have to shovel heat in Arizona because they have other "stuff" they use the shovels for.... :goof:

Yep, I already have a good set of chid kickers for that stuff, lol.

late march...........the 1st day of summer.

That too. I seem to always jump in with both feet. Leap, then look, lol.

Back on topic. If you were plunging face-first into old fartitude. With a degrading spine and wrecked shoulder on your dominant arm, had never been involved in any competitive shooting at all and had an interest in the NRA Action-style events.

What would you try, and where would you try it out in the Phoenix area?

I KNOW I'm not competitive, and will never be. I'm into this for the learning and camaraderie and for a reason to be out of the house in my free time Not to mention "having" to reload more.

Edited by DCMJ

look up Ben Avery range & Rio Salado Sportsman's Club. many shooting options.

Thanks, I have seen Rio discussed on other threads, and the membership is very reasonable but with a few hurdles to jump.

I'll have to look at Ben Avery more closely.