Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large Frame versus Small Frame

Gdub

I am pretty sure the owner of the small frame gun you were looking would be able to explain it too...

Here is my take on the size of the grip...And maybe someone can chime in.

Small Frame + EG Grips = Smallest

Small Frame + Henning Grips = Smaller

Large Frame + Henning Grips = Small to Medium

Small Frame + Stock Wood Grips or Large Frame with EG Grips = Medium

Large Frame + Stock Wood Grips = Large

The actual feel between large frame and small frame is bugger all. I used to think I could tell but I think that was partly different grips on the different guns and partly in my mind.

Most of the difference is inside. if you look at the small frame there is more 'meat' in the back of the grip which reduces the magazine 'tunnel' down to take the smaller CZ type mags. Obviously the 'action' is a bit shorter too. The large frames take the caspian type mags.

If you only ever plan to shoot 9mm then a small frame or large frame makes little difference. For anything else I'd preference the large frame.

If it's a hand size issue then either frame will feel pretty much the same with the same grips on them.

The actual feel between large frame and small frame is bugger all. I used to think I could tell but I think that was partly different grips on the different guns and partly in my mind.

Most of the difference is inside. if you look at the small frame there is more 'meat' in the back of the grip which reduces the magazine 'tunnel' down to take the smaller CZ type mags. Obviously the 'action' is a bit shorter too. The large frames take the caspian type mags.

If you only ever plan to shoot 9mm then a small frame or large frame makes little difference. For anything else I'd preference the large frame.

If it's a hand size issue then either frame will feel pretty much the same with the same grips on them.

That makes sense. That's what I thought I was seeing in the comparison pictures. Thanks

• 5 months later...

I ordered Xtreme firing pin, clicked on add to cart on the main page and missed the fact that by default small frame selected. And it already shipped. Anyone know if there is a difference between firing pins?