Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using the fiber optic for Point Of Aim

ES13Raven

I'm wondering... how many of you use the fiber optic for POA, or for finding the top of the front sight to use as the POA?

I've heard some people say they use the fiber optic like a red dot optic and it is faster than trying to use the top of the front sight.

Edited by ES13Raven

I use fiber optic front and rear on my revolvers. For me, using the dots to aim with only works out to about 10 yards. After that I am using the black iron part like normal, just using the fibers to keep track of where the front and rear are in relation to each other between shots. This makes a major difference for me on a dark background such as a shady area, indoors, dark colored dirt, late afternoon/early evening or a black target. If the target and background are both light colors it doesn't matter much, but there are many situations I just can't see black sights very well. I am using green on the rear and orange on the front. For real close and fast shooting I think of the front as kind of like a dot optic, but most times I am aiming with the notch and post metal parts.

some people use the fiber optic like a red dot optic

never thought of trying to use a fiber sight like a red dot. I'm curious now to see how that feels

I usually shoot a red dot (TruBor) but took a class with a GM and he

let me shoot his Limited gun - he uses the dot (Green) like a dot -

I tried it and it felt FAST.

If you don't use a dot, not sure what it would feel like, though. :cheers:

For me depends on the shot.

If I'm using a target focus, fiber like a dot which more or less means the fiber could be considered the aim point. But this dosnt mean much because these aren't very refined shots.

For shots which require a front sight focus I try to discern the piece of sight tween the fiber and the top edge.

If I'm using a target focus, fiber like a dot which more or less means the fiber could be considered the aim point. But this dosnt mean much because these aren't very refined shots.

For shots which require a front sight focus I try to discern the piece of sight tween the fiber and the top edge.

Pretty much what I go with. Longer shots, I make sure I find the top of the front sight and level it with my rear. Less than 15 yards and the fiber optic is just fine.

+1. Someone(forgot who) once told me the phrase, "Color, Corners" as a mantra for finding the front sight. You look for the color to find the sight, but then line up the corners to make an accurate shot. On really close shots, seeing the colored dot might be enough for acceptable accuracy. When accuracy really matters, I line up the corners of the sight.

• 2 weeks later...