Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Colorado....let me complain

cmiller683

This is the most difficult forum registration I've ever encountered. Is this an effort to just reduce the number of users on this forum, or am I missing something? Do we require a DNA sample as well?

I shouldn't have to spend 20 minutes, check my email twice, and visit two links, to activate my account, all in an attempt to contribute to this forum.

Forgive my frustration, but it all seems excessive.

I don' t really remember how hard it was when I joined. Maybe things have changed with all the hacking that's been going on.

I will say one thing though. Several people join this forum every single day and you are the first person I recall bitching about how hard it is. Not a very promising start in my humble opinion.

I don't think there is an effort to make it hard just to discourage people from signing up. I think it's a security issue plain and simple. If it were not for new members we wouldn't be able to answer the same questions over and over and over. So we like new members to join up. It's fun debating 38 vs. 9MAJOR every week or so!

Welcome to the forums! It's worth any perceived hassle to join us

Myself, a fairly new member, did go through the slightly longer signup process then I would have expected, however, after being on another gun discussion forum for 7 years, and having it closed down because of low security, hackers, and 'riffraff', and losing many photos, etc., I had posted there, I can appreciate and understand what needs to be the 'proper' course of action in this 'techy' age. I think you will eventually appreciate what this forum has to offer.

Yea im sure its to keep trolls and spammers off. This is probably the best forum out there for its low shitbag, mall ninjas and politics count. If you fall into one of those categories ar15.com or firing line will happily take you ;) im kidding of course, welcome to benos...

Today was dedicated to completing "honey-do" chores. And then this evening, after a nice dinner, I spent an hour or more searching for an LED light system I could've sworn I bought from In-Line Fabrications a few months ago. I finally gave up, retired to my favorite chair by the fireplace, and indulged a few of your Colorado's famous high-gravity beers as I appreciatively watched my lovely (formerly unrelenting task-master) wife thoroughly enjoy watching some silly TV show. And now my judgment is somewhat impaired. I would recuse myself from responding if I did not agree with you.

I signed up on this forum a short time ago, and I too was a bit frustrated by the qualification process. But only "a bit" since I had recently registered for a Microsoft account for my new Surface Pro. Holy Cr*p, what a pain in the lower part of my anatomy. I sent Bill Gates an email giving him what-for.

Kudos to Brian Enos and his team for keeping it clean, and running a good forum.