Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match vs. Limited Pro

ny32182

I have never had the opportunity to handle a Match, so, some questions for those familiar with both:

1) I see that the match is based on a non-competition frame. I believe the differences are: less aggressive stippling, slightly narrower magwell, rounded trigger guard, no magwell anchor point... is that it? Are the overall width and strap dimensions the same as a competition frame? Are grip panels compatible between the two? Beavertail... is it the same, or slightly different? Are all the Matches large frame and share mag compatibility with the competition frames?

2) I know the stats on the EAA website can be pretty far off, so... Weight. They say the Match is heavier than a Limited Pro? Is this true? Does anyone know the actual empty weight of a Match?

3) Match has a straight barrel (same style as the Lim Pro) correct?

4) Length: EAA website shows that the Match is about 1/4" shorter overall, despite having the same 4.75" barrel length... is this true? If so, is the difference in the beavertail?

I might come up with more, but that will do it for now.. thanks.

Beavertail on the competition frame is bigger, and that's where the 1/4" difference comes from.

The Match is heavier because the dustcover is slightly longer and it has a rail on it.

The grip panels for the most part are compatible, but one thing to note is that the competition frames step out in width at the bottom (for the bigger mag opening). So the full length competition frame grips are actually 7/8 length on the match.

Both have a straight barrel but some matches have a lands and groove barrel, and some have a polygonal barrel (maybe some guys with new matches can comment which they got). Limited pro I'm pretty sure has a polygonal barrel. Accuracy I think is a wash between the two.

All the large frame guns take the same mags, and almost all the guns imported since 2005 are large frame.

The weight of my Match when it was stock was 44.1 oz with an empty mag. My Limited Pro weights 43 oz with a magwell and an empty mag.

The rear sights on the Match are different (same as the Stock 1) than the Limited Pro, which has the super sights (same as the Stock 2, Limited, and Hunter). The front sights are the same. Firing pins, extractor and other internal parts are the same. I can confirm that my Limited Pro came with polygonal rifling and the Match came with standard rifling.

I can measure with some calipers when I get home, but I believe the Match frame is just a hair bigger front to back compared to the competition frame.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

I have both, and the fit is better on the Limited Pro. This may be random. Also, it shoots with less recoil, for some reason. I think both my Match slides have a normal rifled barrel, but will check. The 2012 or 2013 Match 9 MM conversion slide came with Super sight.

From shooting both with 10MM ammo, the Limited Pro just feels better. But both are fantastic for what I use them for. Considering the cost difference, the Match is better value. The Limited Pro a better gun.

Just ordered a 9MM barrel for the Limited Pro. Gave up on getting one from someone here. No one wanted to part with their extras. Hope it really is in stock at EEA. The slide was a 6 - 8 month wait from Tanfoglio. And came with the wrong guide rod, whickh took another month or so to straighten out. But has run like a champ, no FTE or FTF. And with the Super Sight is more accurate in my hands than the Match was with 10MM slide. May be I flinch less often with 9mm