Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wider front sight post for the CZ Shadow?

jayjay1

Hey guys,

I´m searching a wider front sight post for my CZ SP-01 Shadow.

I´m having issues to hit smaller targets or others who are further away.

The height is always good, but I´m spraying sideways (did competitions in precision pistol shooting for over 10years).

I´m assured, that I won´t have those probs with a wider front post.

Did some comparisions because of that the last two weeks and can tell, that the front sight post of a Glock is almost the double (f.e.).

And not only, that the front post of the Shadow is pretty small, the light gap between the front post and the rear sight is really pretty big (in my opinion).

Can anybody tell me, where I can get a wider front sight post?

Or does anybody know a method to expand the front sight post a little bit (durable)?

:)

Go with a dawson precision. I had them make mine .195T by .105W. They can make it for you if the size you want is not a stock item. Just tell them what you want and they will make it that size for only $10 more than a normal stock size sight

You can make a fiber optic insert wider. You will need fiber optic rod that you can get from CZ Custom. Remove your current rod and replace with the correct size. Then heat up the end of the rod as show on CZC website. I just did it and the first try I had the fiber optic end nearly as wide as the rear sight notch. Second try was just right. Rod costs $3 for 6 inches plus shipping. Six inches will do a lot of sights.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes, especially at longer shots or when there is a smaller target, it seems to be a problem to get a sharp front post.

That´s when the fiber optic is a little bit irritating.

Just to know, how did you black out the fiber optic (durable)?

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes, especially at longer shots or when there is a smaller target, it seems to be a problem to get a sharp front post.

That´s when the fiber optic is a little bit irritating.

Just to know, how did you black out the fiber optic (durable)?

Sharpie, it comes off if you don't like it. Easy to try and reversible.

You can also black out just the top of the fiber rod to make the dot dimmer.