Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 1 2005 - Missoula MT

Steven, I thought you did an excellent job on your stage when I shot it in the rain first thing Saturday A.M. Jason B. deserves some kind of a medal for his work on the 180 watch as the ultimate no-shoot. I trust he made it through without any bullet holes. And speaking of footballs (sorry Craig, I mean hot potatoes) I'll help you stomp one to death. No one has mentioned Dan Hash's unconventional method of carrying the hot potato. I hope pictures show up in either Front Sight or on this board.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Bruce and the stats team. Nobody posted yet something that ALL matches could use:

Bruce and team got the final stage scores up on the wall within 3 minutes of the last shot fired!!!!!

We finished at about 12:30 on Saturday, and those scores were up. This has got to be a freakin' record! It was SO nice not to have to hang around for hours to check scores.

You da stats man, that's for sure. Unreal.

Grreat match and how about us being able to check results on the uspsa page BEFORE the awards ceremony?? We oughta vote Bgary permanent stats boss for area 1 AND Nationals :D

I shot really well on saturday but not good enough to overcome Bret. Congrats to Mr. Heidkamp on a smokin match.

Missoula kicks ass and the range is one of the nicest i have seen, i wanna move to montana :lol:

James

I swabbed the potato with alcohol and stuck it in my mouth......there was one guy trying on the support and carry mechanism when I left that stage............. :lol:

I could not figure out a better way to carry the ball than sticking it in my mouth until Saturday when it was already too late for me.

Mark Waki and I drove over to that stage and everyone was sticking it in his partially zipped jacket. It was so obvious that I could not believe that I didn't think of that before I shot.

Steven,

I am glad that I could help you out. I really have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to shoot all 11 stages in one day and then come back to run shooters for the next 3 days straight. I was sore after just one evening of running shooters, forget running shooters three days straight.

Thanks again to everyone who worked hard to make it happen!

Thanks for the kind words, James!

Regarding that hot potato thing - I just couldn't put it anywhere near my mouth, alchohol swabbing or not. It was under people's armpits; in their mouths; in a bucket that sat out in someone's barn filled with God knows what; no-way-Jose. Can you say "hepatitis"?

I wanted to go and buy a big salmon hook and just hook the thing to my cap. I ended up shooting that stage terrible - all dorked up with the ball under the left side of my jaw... couldn't shoot fast to save my life.

Personally, I don't care for stages that are a contest of how to deal with a prop vs. shooting skill. Like the infamous "squirrel stage" at the Nats a few years back. Note to stage designers: a briefcase is OK, but don't make it have to stay on a table - if you want us to shoot strong hand, just make us shoot strong hand and set the case down at the end. (you all know this has nothing to do with my run on the briefcase stage which resulted in a "thump" sound as it slid the length of the table and onto the ground, right?) :blink:

The Missoula range is definitely one of the prettiest in the country, in my opinion. I think it could possibly fit a Nationals if the parking would fit. The weather is SO much better than Barry (no offense if you live in Barry, but the weather there is so damn humid !!).

This was the finest match I've attended in quite a while. Missoula is terrific! I finally got to meet EricW and also had a couple of nice chats with Alma. (Good luck in the Delta Charlie zone, man!)

Working half a day and concentrating on "the shooting" while yer shooting was also something I appreciated about this match. That and NOT having to shoot Saturday AM in the rain. And hanging out with John and Ron. And discussing strategies with Bret. And getting a years supply of free TrueGrips from Eric. It's all good!

Sam,

I got the long end of that deal. :) I never would have got my crap together on the back half of that match if it wasn't for you.

Sam coached me so well I actually kept pace with him on one stage (the rest of the stages, I was waaaaaay behind the power curve). When I sat down at #8 to shoot, I knew EXACTLY what to do. If I'd done it all right, I'd have shot it at least two to three seconds faster. Swingers still give me the heebie jeebies for some reason.

You da man, Sam!

==============================================

I was very happy to meet Chuck Anderson (lawman), Steve Zopfi, Carina Randolph, Ron Ankeny, Bruce Gary, and a few others whose names currently escape me. I wish that I was half as talented as any of them.

BTW, CarinaB is a scary good shooter and will probably be at a major match near you soon. Be afraid. Be very afraid.... :o

And Bruce, I'm still miffed at you for not succumbing to my cheap bribery. ;)

On behalf of the members of the Big Sky Practical Shooting Club & other CRO's who haven't posted yet, thank everyone for coming. I hope we (BSPSC) will be able to host another match some time in the future.

For those that didn't check the BSPSC website, it was 288 rounds on 11 stages with only field course stages. How many people practice backing up or stepping through 8" doorways or sitting down shooting through 3 ports with steel & some partial swingers.

Floyd made it easy for us by eliminating a lot of problem areas during the set-up that could have been a problem during the match. Thanks Floyd.

Oh, I was the old fat guy on Stage 1.

CarinaB: Sorry you were suffering through a good old Northwest Chest Cold for the match.  They can be brutal.  I highly recommend George Dickel with a bit of honey and lemon if need be for those.  One good blast before bedtime and you are generally good to go the next day.  Way better than Nyquil...cheaper and better tasting too.

Trust me, I tried everything. My head was clogged thicker than malfunction junction during rush hour. My voice was like gravel. Although one shooter tried to persuade me that it sounded just fine by commenting that it had "that hushed promise of sin"....

:huh::ph34r::D

Although the funniest thing was listening to you all complain about the heat! I don't think I even broke out into a sweat....All those micro brews must make your blood thicker!

Although the funniest thing was listening to you all complain about the heat!  I don't think I even broke out into a sweat....All those micro brews must make your blood thicker!

I thought the funniest thing was watching people go into a tizzy over the rain Saturday morning. Wasn't even raining that hard and people were breaking out the hipwaders and rubber rafts. I just had to laugh when people got mad because their guns got wet.

I can hardly wait to get heatstroke at Rio so the same cats can laugh like hell at me. :D

Yes, I got laughed at for being cold Saturday morning! I had to borrow a sweat shirt....

BTW, CarinaB is a scary good shooter and will probably be at a major match near you soon.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid....  :o

How'd I miss this? Scary? Thank you for the compliment...I think...If it was the sub you saw me shoot then you didn't even see me do my best! Just imagine if I was healthy and had working magazines! :P That would be scary...a jinx free match... I can't even imagine it!