Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNC G0704/BF20, LinuxCNC, Mesa Cards

kevinj308

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude how's your new hardware if I may drunkenly ask?

It's good. I have not had much time to goof around since I got everything set up. It seems that the next several weekends are filled with obligations and honey do's as well but I hope to get going on a new open build with the comp I got from Jared.

Dude how's your new hardware if I may drunkenly ask?

It's good. I have not had much time to goof around since I got everything set up. It seems that the next several weekends are filled with obligations and honey do's as well but I hope to get going on a new open build with the comp I got from Jared.

Those are awesome. Cant wait to see it!

Made a jig to make the knife parts more consistent. I was having a problem getting everything to fit just right.

3x12 piece of aluminum and some spring pins helped a lot!

So I watched this and now I have some fire bricks in my shopping cart at mcmaster.com

Crazy how this kind of stuff takes on a life of its own.

post-13722-0-26196600-1427593544_thumb.j

post-13722-0-28466700-1427593552_thumb.j

post-13722-0-76548500-1427593558_thumb.j

Got word that I have to approve the credit card transaction for my mill but it is there and waiting to ship! Still waiting on the belt drive to ship and the power feed is still backordered.

It's almost here!!!! I'm sure it'll be great, if I can help at all let me know. :cheers:

anyone know where to find these? Weiss 1100w motor

Hoss over on Cnczone put one on his g0704. That's the only time I recall reading about one. Might shoot him a pm. I recall it being a pita to acquire, but it might have gotten easier. That was a year or more ago.

Lots of guys went the used treadmill motor route, but they don't seem to last long and it's tough to find one that spins the correct direction. Many of them the brushes on the motor won't allow them to be reversed. All things I've read anyway, enough that I stayed away from them.

Are you concerned about the stock motor? Mine does stall out if I push it, but really with the belt drive and higher rpm it's doing really well.

My back up plan if my stock motor ever dies is to go 3 phase with a vfd. That's a pretty standard setup where I work, and very reliable. There's a clearance concern but from the factory drawings a Baldor VM3545 will fit. It's a 56C framed motor, about $150 on ebay. A vfd from factorymation is about the same. For $300 you get a pretty robust set up with plenty of hp.

Yeah you gotta make some parts to fit the motor, but hey we've got mills!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALDOR-VM3545-1HP-1-HP-230-460V-3450-RPM-3PH-5-8-SHAFT-INDUSTRIAL-MOTOR-NIB-/301496415392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46329634a0

Very popular vfd on many forums for this sort of thing:

http://www.factorymation.com/Products/FM50_115V/FM50-101-C.html

It's here. Running break in now. Table feed installed. It is deff short. I was planning in doing the 3 bolt head mod and to my surprise it has 3 bolts for the head already! Manufacture date is 12/14 and has he newer 14mm shaft motor.

It's here. Running break in now. Table feed installed. It is deff short. I was planning in doing the 3 bolt head mod and to my surprise it has 3 bolts for the head already! Manufacture date is 12/14 and has he newer 14mm shaft motor.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely check the tram, mine was pretty off.

I'm looking into the tramping tools now. Can I not use the dial test indicator and holder off the spindle like I do for the HF mill with tilt column

Absolutely you can do that.

Swing it around the table in a circle and then run it vertically on something that is straight like an angle plate or a 1-2-3 block. Vertically on the front/back direction and on the side.

Hopefully it's dialed in already, sounds like they're getting better at these.

Just read your other post, drill rod is great for that. You're all set.

So mill is bolted to floor and still waiting for my belt drive kit. One thing I do not like already is the mill still moves when running and turning the hand wheels it's shakes slightly or wiggles. These bases need an update to be more rigde. Thinking it needs some way to hold the top of the column stiff but dunno how to approach it really. I go the pro tram mini to tram the head. Have not gotten to use it yet but looking forward to my 1911 building experience. Now again I gotta find a good easy way to make a flood coolant system.