Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory 38 Super Ammo

davsco

Yes I'm one of the five guys in the world that doesn't reload... Pls, for those of you that have relatively stock STI Trubor's and GrandMasters and the like, what factory 38 super ammo have you found that works great and also that doesn't work great? Both ammo that makes major in USPSA and also minor for steel. I read the thread that talked about ammo that makes major and minor but want to know what actually works good (or not) in your gun. I am going to buy a couple of boxes each of Atlanta (major and minor), Federal (two bullet weights), Remington, Aquila, Winchester and PMC and see how they do but still would appreciate your input. thanks, david

I very seriously doubt you will find any major manufacturer loading 38 super to major power factor. I chased that rabbit long ago...the only one that might come close is CorBon...the rest are not even close....search the major manufacturers websites and do the math...if you have a super, either you reload, but AA ammo, or pretty much don't shoot.

Btw, Magtech has some of the hottest commercial 38 super with a 130 grain bullet...and it was a single shot in my trubor with a 7lb spring.

• 2 weeks later...