Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glasses

Now that my eyes are getting older :angry: I need reading glasses. I was also having a hard time finding my front sight. I found a pair of 3M +1 flexible plastic static stick on film. I marked the outside of my shooting glasses (with a piece of masking tape) while in my regular shooting stance. I applied the film to the inside and removed the masking tape. I should have done this a year ago. Now I have quick sight aquisition and the target has a slight blur ! I was so impressed I just ordered a pair of the shooting glasses with it built in. The name of the glasses are Hansons Eagle Eyes. I hope this helps.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudy Project Rydon's work for me :D Thanks to Jim Shanahan of APS and my wife :wub: who bought me my first pair of Rudy's for my b-day at the Open Nationals last month. The Rydon's have an adjustable nose piece that I need (small nose/bridge) and rx inserts when the day comes I can't use contacts. Call Jim, "he da bes"

HI5-O

Rudy Rydons from Shannahan! You won't go wrong with any of the two.

I had mine with Polar 100 Grey and Clear lenses and the Rx insert is just superior to any other I've used.

Try them, if you don't shoot better at least you'll look "Technically Cool"! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Is Trivex also opaque to UV light? How well does it resist scratching? Polycarbonates are great for lenses, except for the fact that it's so damn easy to scratch them."

Rhino, I came to this subject late, but the Trivex lenses you refer to do block UV and are much more scratch-resistant than Poly. I've hated the poly lenses since I first saw them introduced in the late '70s. Tough? Yes they are, but will almost scratch if you sneeze on them! The Trivex is definitely the way to go.

BTW, I'm an Optician in VA, so I know whereof I speak..........most of the time anyway! :rolleyes:

Alan~^~

• 1 year later...

Ahhh....glasses... Probably the only topic on the entire forum that I can help with...

I use Gatorz. I have clear, blue, and regular sunglass lenses for them. They are interchangable, which (as a motorcyclist and a shooter) I can ride to the range (indoor or outdoor), quickly change lenses to my Blue lenses for shooting (yes, BLUE lenses....i took the advice of the Gatorz rep and it was the best purchase I ever made), and then put my clear lenses in and ride home in the dark. The frame is wraparound, the lenses are wide enough not to impair my peripheral vision, and everything but the lenses is lifetime guaranteed. All this at half the cost of a pair of Oakleys (150 bucks or so, plus my two extra pair of lenses).

For shooting only, just get the blues. (Man, I sound like a cheesy commercial)

OH! by the way....my last pair of Oakleys only came with a soft cloth case. They broke riding in my range bag (my bad, but still...). My Gatorz came with a soft cloth case, small bags for each set of lenses, and a hinged aluminum case for everything to ride in. Lenses that are not in use are safe inside the case and so are the glasses.

I have the Converters. www.gatorz.com is the place to check it out. hope this helps.

B-dub :wacko:

I need to go find me a good pair of prescription shooting glasses. I do not shoot wearing the ones I have now as they really arent safe to shoot with being on the small size and they might even shatter if something was to hit them???