Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tangfoglio witness match holster

joeg

Ive got a tangfoglio witness match w/rail and looking for a holster (preferrably kydex no cloth).....Ive tried blade tech(4-6wk wait), comptac doesnt even make one and other endless possibilities... I was told CZ 75 might fit but from what Ive read, they wont fit. Ive scoured the internet and found that a Sig P226 will work but the barrel is too long and it sticks out the bottom which i do not like. My question is does anyone know if another pistol model-sig/springfield pistol holster will work this gun? Any help or internet direction will be much appreciated....

I've got a Blade-Tech for my railed Match and haven't had any complaints in at least 5K draws. The kydex hasn't even worn the finish on the slide as much as I thought it would. Quality product for a decent price. I adjusted the screws and then lock-tighted them ( don't know if that was necessary, but decided it couldn't hurt). Mine took 5-6 weeks from order until arrival.

I've heard that EAA's customer service is not perfect, but haven't had any trouble myself except that they cancelled a magazine order accidentally during a time when people were worried that magazines of that capacity would be banned (I placed two orders for three mags each before they cancelled one order). The only trouble I've had with Blade-Tech was when I ordered a holster for a full-sized polymer framed Witness and it didn't fit. It turned out that Tanfoglio had recently changed the slide from a rounded to squared profile and nobody told Blade-Tech until I did.

Don't know anything about EAA's holster, sorry.

i see tangfoglio EAA site has a holster....anyone have one of those? Looks like a bladetech. I know their CS is bad from what Ive heard. Anyone order from there yet?

No help on the holster, but they seem to be slow to ship. I'm on day 5 after paying and my order is still "Processing".

thanks for all the info guys...it seems just trying to find a good holster is somewhat difficult w/out ordering and dealing with long wait time or bad CS. I think i might order one from comholster but i havent contacted them yet. Oh and im looking for a magwell...at least that i can order right away but it will have to be epoxy/pinned on which i can do. Maybe i should have gotten their more expensive model...lol. But i like the gun so guess ill deal with it.

I was looking for a button retention holster and ended my search with a beretta px 4 storm from Blackhawk. 2100284.It's a paddle holster but the paddle is removable and the tech loc attaches right to it.the barrel sticks out the end of the holster about 3/4 in.pretty much a perfect fit.no slop

EAA holster is a Blade-Tech. I love this holster, it just wasn't in stock at EAA when I was ordering. I have a couple of Com Holster mag pouches they are nice as well.

EAA hasn't done badly for me when I called them, online order (the only one I tried) was a little sketchy, but when I spoke to a person it got fixed. Just my experience.

I was looking for a button retention holster and ended my search with a beretta px 4 storm from Blackhawk. 2100284.It's a paddle holster but the paddle is removable and the tech loc attaches right to it.the barrel sticks out the end of the holster about 3/4 in.pretty much a perfect fit.no slop

What is a button retention holster? If its like the Blackhawk Sherpa then that's what the guys that didn't practice used to shoot themselves in their leg with. Its a fine holster if you practice properly, but nothing works well if you don't. My $.02.

just a question?How does a person shoot themselves in the leg with a serpa.The one I use and I believe all the ones I seen have the trigger covered.if your pushing the release button your finger is out of the trigger completely even if you have modified the holster in any way(,that would be pretty stupid)I,m interested in where the info on these maroons is located,I'd like to read up on it ps a button retention holster has a button located on the side of the holster that releases the firearm from the holster.Really nice if you have good finger dexterity. just my .02 too

just a question?How does a person shoot themselves in the leg with a serpa.The one I use and I believe all the ones I seen have the trigger covered.if your pushing the release button your finger is out of the trigger completely even if you have modified the holster in any way(,that would be pretty stupid)I,m interested in where the info on these maroons is located,I'd like to read up on it ps a button retention holster has a button located on the side of the holster that releases the firearm from the holster.Really nice if you have good finger dexterity. just my .02 too

Here ya go... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

Here ya go... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

Also this one by Military Arms Channel, which explains some of the issues:

The Serpa (corrected my spelling) I use at work is a vertical carry and my fingers are normal length. It took some getting used to at first, but after some reps it has worked very well for me. I can't speak about the holster being canted ... or about having longer fingers.. With enough practice draws, slowly increasing the speed, it has been close to flawless. A lot of its what they call (or called) muscle memory. Get your grip, depress the button, start lifting the pistol, move your finger away from the release button (and where the trigger will come up in a little while) continue drawing the pistol, etc.

I'm glad he shared his accidental/negligent discharge so we could learn from it. And I'm also glad he didn't shoot his knee or ankle.

Any holster with high retention levels is going to be at least a bit slower than a holster geared more toward competition or strictly civilian carry. But even civilians that carry everyday don't usually have to plan ahead to avoid having their gun pop loose from the holster after they chase some guy over an fence and fall on their head on the other side and lose their pistol momentarily. And no, it never happened to me, but I worried about such things in my youth so they didn't.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

i found that a blackhawk sportster w/o cqc works better than any holster designed for another pistol for my eaa witness elite match. the only problem is the end sticks out of the gun. Ive tried springfield xdm/beretta w/rail, and one other. Just an fyi. I dont use serpa cqc holsters, in general, simply because i dont like them. If i needed that type of retention, i use the bladetech w/thumb release. Best holster for extreme retention on the market IMO.