Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 jams

rr4406pak

• 1 month later...

I just shot a match and it did it to me a couple times. It looked like it was locked back, but the bolt was not far enough back to pick up the shell on the carrier. It was like the shell stopped the bolt from going all the way back, but it did eject the empty. I have a TTI carrier in it. Anyone have any ideas.

• 3 months later...

Now I have even bigger problems.

I had the port enlarged so I could quad load and now the magazine tube follower comes out of the mag tube and jams everything up.

Why is this happening now?

Edited by rr4406pak

Why is it happening? Well it is happening because your port was opened up too far. I.E. they "Eff Ewed " your receiver. Now you get to spend even more money and get one of Mark Ruth's captured follower magazine tubes, or buy a new receiver and find a new person to port it who knows what they are doing.

Edited by kurtm

The good news is that the RCI tubes with the captured followers work really well and are just a phone call away. My port wasn't spitting out the stock follower but the tube I picked up came with a captured follower.

If you do go with a new receiver (and can find one) definitely heed the advice above and find someone that opens up ports the right way. There's a list of places at the top of the shotgun section that do port work. See if any of those guys are local to you and try to find examples of their work at a match.