Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken ejector replacement

kcobean

I just replaced the broken ejector in my 2011 with a brazos tuned ejector. I had to do some filing on the top and sides to get it clear of the slide and I had to shave some of the end of it off to keep it from failing to eject live rounds. I'm wondering though if there's a proper length for these? Should it be cut so that the tip of it is behind the mag? Right now it extends maybe an 1/8th inch over the magazine. If I seat a mag hard I can get the left lip to contact the ejector. Is the proper fix to file the underside of the ejector or shorten it? If I don't do one or the other I doubt this one will last long (the other had less than 2k rounds on it when it broke)

Imo the reason it broke is due to the mag hitting it repeatedly.

Just shave the area till it clears the mag contact.

Mine is an egw that had been shorted till it barely reaches the back of the mag.

Remove the upper and insert the mag if it hits remove material slowly till it doesnt. In some of my mags,;mag movement is hampered by the contact of the basepad and the Magwell. Seems to minimize over insertion too.

I just replaced the broken ejector in my 2011 with a brazos tuned ejector. I had to do some filing on the top and sides to get it clear of the slide and I had to shave some of the end of it off to keep it from failing to eject live rounds. I'm wondering though if there's a proper length for these? Should it be cut so that the tip of it is behind the mag? Right now it extends maybe an 1/8th inch over the magazine. If I seat a mag hard I can get the left lip to contact the ejector. Is the proper fix to file the underside of the ejector or shorten it? If I don't do one or the other I doubt this one will last long (the other had less than 2k rounds on it when it broke)

Just curious,what's the oal of your rounds?

Just curious,what's the oal of your rounds?

1.19"

Is the proper fix to file the underside

Yes! dont let the feed lips make contact w the ejector.

I was more wondering if it was proper to cut the tip of the ejector off short enough that the feed lips come up in front of it rather than underneath it, or if it should leave it longer and file it underneath. I ended up cutting it down, so it's now physically impossible for the mags to hit it no matter how far up in the well the mag comes

Edited by kcobean

Typically you remove material from the bottom to clear the feed lips. Length is personal preference, but has to be short enough to eject a loaded round (like when you unload and show clear). Most also prefer to shape the nose so it kicks the empties out to the side instead of over your shoulder.