Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 USPSA Area 6 Championship registration opens Jan 15

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously think that match was one of the hardest I've ever shot. Shows me I have to work some distance shooting, and, after having my feet come out from under me and face-planting on stage 11, I need to investigate some better footwear. Glad I didn't break the 180!

Thanks to all who suffered through three hot days of shooting and RO'ing to make this happen. I was tired after just shooting it one day!

I seriously think that match was one of the hardest I've ever shot. Shows me I have to work some distance shooting, and, after having my feet come out from under me and face-planting on stage 11, I need to investigate some better footwear. Glad I didn't break the 180!

Thanks to all who suffered through three hot days of shooting and RO'ing to make this happen. I was tired after just shooting it one day!

So you're the legend the RO's were speaking of, the kid who face planted, kept the barrel at a cool 175 degrees and still ran a fast time!

I'll also say it was by far the hardest match I've ever shot. 130 penalty points including one no shoot on the classifier, 11 wide open targets that decided they wanted to be shot more than once, and a popper a major power factor 180 grain 40 wasn't enough to put him down.... Although the sub minor 9mm was enough. The shot was a tad tad bit low though. Amazingly enough, I hit every single swinger, drop turner, max trap, and bobber without penalty, so that's some reward. Can't wait for next year, I know what I need to work on.

I figured that story would get told! It rattled me a bit, as indicated by the mike/no-shoot on the last shot on the right hand clamshell. I shot it left steel, right steel, left clamshell, right clamshell and was just slightly tardy getting back over there and shot the NS as it was coming up. The fast time I attribute to taking no extra shots on any of the steel on that stage.

Not sure if I wouldn't have hit the penalties without falling anyway, but it gives me something to hang my hat on!

I sure can't say I had that much success on the moving targets! Most of my penalty points came from them. Good for you!

I'm surprised no one has posted about this match! I think everyone is still in somewhat of a daze.

Dazed and just tired. Wife and I had 1 day to shoot all 12 stages and 2 days of RO work in the hottest, sunniest, most humid weather we have had this year. It was difficult to stay ahead of the hydration curve to say the least. With that said, we had an awesome time seeing our extending shooting family. Thank you to all the shooters and sponsors for supporting Area 6 and to all my fellow staff and friends for making it a great match. Looking forward to seeing you all next time!

Edited by blueeyedme

I had more mikes in this match than the last 3 majors combined :o

Thank you so much to the match staff for working, and especially the RO's for working. I was exhausted enough after one day of shooting, I can't imagine working an additional two in that heat!

Just to make you feel better (hopefully), you weren't the only one on that stage that went down hard. Had a guy go down on Sunday but on his backside - never broke the 180 and even took a few targets while he was down there :)

As always - it was a great group of shooters those three days, thanks to all, especially to the MD and RM. A special thanks to Manny also, without him, I wouldn't have finished the match!

Yep, I am guessing some shock still- along with bit of heat stroke. Shot all day Fri, RO'd all day Sat and Sun morning (stage 7). Granted it is south FL, but hotter than normal this early! Top it off with losing my Tilley hat (those who know me know it) either outside the hotel or at the match Sat. morning and spending 1 1/2 days with no hat (thankfully had a buff in my bag!) and I got a touch of sun.

Challenging match with lots of longer shots. I got a great reminder of what happens when you are not prepared for a match. I switched from my 3.8grn minor 40 loads for 3-gun to 5.2grn major loads. No big deal at 7 to 10 yds, BIG deal out further though. Finally found out I had to aim very low out further- odd feeling to have to actually aim AT the No shoots on the bottom of a shoot target to get decent hits!

Thanks to all the great squads who set the stage as fast as us 2 ROs could score it. It was RARE that we were not at Make Ready for the next shooter as soon as we recorded the score on the log page. That says a lot for the shooters at the match. Also thanks to the ROs who worked Sunday afternoon and Jay for making it so those of us with a longer drive could get on the road. Instead of getting home at midnight with a 0430 wake up, I was home by 8PM even with the slow going in the monsoon.

Last, thanks again to USA for a great place to shoot and to the sponsors for supporting the matches and our sport.

If by chance anyone found the hat, please message me! Thanks

Edited by Tim/GA

I have your hat. Found it it the parking lot, pretty much pounded into the mud. Knowing Tilley, I did not leave it to such a demise. It cleaned up perfectly, and a spare tie down string has it ready for a few more years.

PM your address and I'll get it on the way.

Alright! I sure do appreciate you rescuing that hat. It has untold numbers of hours on various ranges, waters and in the woods. Besides, you know Tilley will replace it if I have it. Supposedly one of their hats was eaten by an elephant, came out the other end and was sent it to be replaced. I will PM you. Thank you!