Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder River Precision XDM 5.25" 9MM

PWSLMT

Thinking about ordering a 5.25" 9MM from Powder River Precision with all the bells and whistles. Anyone have one of their pistols with all the work done? Likes, dislikes. Before I drop $1100.00+ I would like some feedback. I will be using this gun for local shooting matches. Thanks

I am a huge fan of the xdm 5.25 I have a 9mm that I built my self and a custom canyon Creek .40... the 9mm got a prp ultimate trigger kit, pistol gear mag well , solid guide rod , 16# recoil spring, striker and spring, and I stippled the grip. One advantage of doing the work yourself is that it is cheaper and you will learn how your completely strip work on and clean your gun. There are many YouTube videos to learn and do the work. That being said my .40 built by rich is AWSOME!! Don't know anything about the prp built gun but know that both my xdms run great even after many thousands of rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the cash, I'd reccomend just going for the PRP pistol. By the time you get all the goodies in yourself, you'll have at least $1K into it. The advantage as mentioned before of doing it yourself is the up close and personal relationship building with your pistol.

JD

• 3 weeks later...

I am biased. I have two 9mm 5.25 XDM's, one .45ACP 4.5 XDM, and one 9mm 3.8 XDM from PRP.

I know of five others.

The 9mm 5.25 XDM's purchased in 2011-2012 had to have the factory recoil springs replaced immediately. We used Wolff #54218 springs.

Guns run flawlessly now.