Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coated bullets

bceglinski

I shoot a weekly indoor match and the smoke can be a problem but hardly noticeable outside. On a 3-gun stage we had to take a plate rack and a couple of paper from inside a car. With several makeup shots on the plate rack it got tough to see the plates and looked like a Cheech and Chong movie when I opened the door to move on to rifle.

Bruce

I recent loaded several hundred old SWC I had under the bench for a few years. Could not believe the amount of blue wax lube and mess these bullets made on my press. My hands were dirty after the short session. These will be the last uncoated bullets that ever see the bore of my .45.

Bayou bullets are my favorite. Always consistent, clean shooting/loading,and accurate.

Been shooting Bayou Bullets for several years. 225 45ACP FP RN with Clays. No mess, not alot of smoke, makes PF. Clean weapon after 700-1000 rounds. Run a bore snake thru it three times and it is clean. It is great.

Thanks,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I have never noticed smoke with wst and sns coated lead

I shot mostly outdoors. Indoor ranges have a two second rule

I take it back. I am seeing a lot of smoke with my 9mm wst load. Didn't notice it until I watched someone else shoot them.
This happens a lot. If you get to watch videos of you shooting, you will probably notice more smoke than you thought.

Love Bayous in 9 and .40. Yeah, they smoke a bit more than my MGs but not enough to impact shooting outdoors. My payoff is less cost, less powder to make equivalent PF and arguably less recoil because of the lower charge weight although I'm not going to swear to that. I see no advantage to MGs in these calibers where I shoot.

• 4 weeks later...