Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bulk 60gr sp or vmax?

StravIs09

For general 3 gun application you would be better off with a 55 FMJ then you will with either of the two 60g bullets you mention. The 60G VMAX will shoot very very well but when compared to a 55 FMJ its at a disadvantage for wind and drop in the long run. 55 FMJ bullets also cost less. The 60g VMAX will do a number on critters if that's the intended purpose and they will do so more consistently then a 60g SP will.

I have shot many a H68g bullet side by side with a sierra 69 when I could not find the sierra bullets. They shoot almost as well, they have a lower BC and they do take up more case capacity then a sierra bullet will.

For general 3 gun application you would be better off with a 55 FMJ then you will with either of the two 60g bullets you mention. The 60G VMAX will shoot very very well but when compared to a 55 FMJ its at a disadvantage for wind and drop in the long run. 55 FMJ bullets also cost less. The 60g VMAX will do a number on critters if that's the intended purpose and they will do so more consistently then a 60g SP will.

I have shot many a H68g bullet side by side with a sierra 69 when I could not find the sierra bullets. They shoot almost as well, they have a lower BC and they do take up more case capacity then a sierra bullet will.

the 60 vmax should be the ticket for a 16in gun as the slower powders that push 75 and 77s just dont get the velocity. 55s work fine yes. i have loaded thousands of 55s and they work good but i think the 60s will have a edge over the 55s in accuracy at longer distances

Try 55 V Max or even the new 53 V Max. The 53 is a more streamlined bullet with a higher B.C.

The 55 is available in boxes of 250, the others only boxes of 100.

thanks. You answered the question i asked. I know what i want... I just wanted to find possibly a bulk discount deal or something because I ordered 10 packs of 100 and well I am just looking to save a few pennies.

I only asked about the 68s because they seem to be a good price in a bulk box but if they are no good than bulk is pointless. but i assumed that since they did sell them in bulk that somebody must like them...

Thanks for the replies and your input.