Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tomorrows Super Bowl

jkelly

I like the fact theat the Pats are in the Super Bowl again, but.

In the playoffs the Colts and Manning scared me. I didn't think the Pats would be able to stop him. In stepped mother nature (and mother Belichick) and the Pats slipped by.

The Steelers really scared me because the Pats where going to their house and had been treated rudely (beaten badly) on their last visit. Somehow the Pats go by a 16-1 team.

Now the Eagles, for some reason, don't worry me. I just can't get excited over them and I don't know why. They had a great record, they have a great QB and they allowed the second least points in the NFL (tied with the Pats).

I think with all the newspapers (local) and most people I heard talking have already crowned the Pats Super Bowl champs. The Pats themselves seem more cocky and full of themsevels then in the past. And THAT really scares me!

Any thoughts?

Respectfully,

jkelly

I think the Pats are itching for a fight and I don't think that the Eagles are going to give it to them. The cockiness is probably a result of the itch.

I don't think it was just mother nature that took Indy out of it, I think it was them resting on their laurels because they got all the press. Oh, and the Pats didn't just "slip by". ;)

The Steelers folded because their QB was too young and couldn't hold it together under the pressure of a championship game.

Me, I'm going for the Pats. I don't think that the Eagles will be able to pull it all together and I think that the Pats will play their regular game (i.e. not how they played against Miami) and dominate.

300lbG,

No you are correct the Pats did a nice job on both the Colts and Steelers. When I look at the stats and strengh of schedule for both the Pats and the Eagles I feel very good about the Pats chances, and that worries me!

Don't get me wrong I'm a Pats fan and grew up in Foxborough (46yrs), only moving out a few months before their first their first Super Bowl win, Hmmm.:)

If I look at it logicially then I see big day for Dillion and a very long afternoon for the Eagles offense. But the attitude shift has me spooked.

Respectfully,

jdkelly

300lbG,

No you are correct the Pats did a nice job on both the Colts and Steelers. When I look at the stats and strengh of schedule for both the Pats and the Eagles I feel very good about the Pats chances, and that worries me!

Don't get me wrong I'm a Pats fan and grew up in Foxborough (46yrs), only moving out a few months before their first their first Super Bowl win, Hmmm.:)

If I look at it logicially then I see big day for Dillion and a very long afternoon for the Eagles offense. But the attitude shift has me spooked.

Respectfully,

jdkelly

There's some interesting posts in one of the 3-second El Prez threads about this phenomenon. I think the Pats expect to win, but know they have to work for it. Maybe they've been a bit vocal about that expectation because of Mitchell or whatever that loudmouth receiver's name is... no, the one that didn't make many catches (i.e. not the loudmouth that can play, T.O.).

I think that they'll work both the green and the blue plays. They're gonna befuddle 'em... befuddle 'em, I say! :D

The Patriots have played some excellent teams and won. They have also been beaten by some.

I think (I hope) this will be the best game of the season. I see it as a close game with good play on both sides.

The week before the game is too full of hype and hoopla. It takes too much away from the actual play.

The boring part will be that it takes more than 4 hours to get through this thing. 1/2 time is for reloading ;) I have to get those powder puff loads ready for S&W ;) You know the ones. You can watch them go down range. Last official outing for the 625 in SSR.

Regards,

Gary

If I were a betting man, and I am not, I would say final will be 21-17 Patriots

I missed it,but my daughter said the lead "singer" from Black-eyed peas snatched the cowboyhat off Charlie Daniel's head. And CD was not happy about it and snatched it right back.

My wife and I were singing along to PM, our 13 year old daughter wasn't too sure about that...

Well not ALL the "past shows" have sucked... I seem to recall a performance by U2 a few short years ago that collapsed me in my chair......!.... :wub:

..well, and I was possibly too stoned to stand up from the chair in the first place but then so was everyone else...

Either way, U2 was great. B)

The Real Super Bowl was the Pats vs the Steelers...just like in the Love Ya Blue era when the real Super Bowl was the Oilers and the Steelers...

And ANYTHING, is better than those no talent performers like Timberlake and Jackson....PM is one of the better ones..

I like the fact that they had one performer instead of 10 each signing one song....

One last gasp for the Superbowl thread....

Super Bowl

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a

man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

"No," he says, "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the man. "Who in their right mind would

have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event

in the world, and not use it?"

He says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to

come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super bowl

we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find

someone else-a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?

The man shakes his head. "No, they're all at the funeral."