Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTF?

underlug

Hope things work out for you TM. They are trying to move the date to the previous weekend because of a conflict with another Smith-Wesson sponsored match. There are some local problems with that date as well, so, they don't know what they are doing with it as yet. Screws me, but, I will still do what I can to shoot it.

Who do I email to give my request for a date. The weekend of the 11th would be awesome, we can make that.

Sorry underlug but I'm crossing my fingers for the previous weekend. Thanks for the update.

I feel your pain Mr. Rodriquez, having done the same when the date was first announced. I am required to select my vacation times well in advance and another person had to do the same to join me on the trip. I made other reservations and plans base on the date. Now, we are both hung out. C'est le vie

I know what you mean about scheduling vacation. I know that last year Jerry and Jason Pettit wanted to shoot the American handgunner match, buy the IRC and it fell on the same weekend. this year that match isn't happening, and the only thing that I see going on is the Area 1 in Montana, I hope they aren't wasting our time for that match.

John,

Im not so sure that A1 is the reason. I "PLANNED" on doing both , IRC then going to montana right after the IRC match and making a vacation of the two events. Theres probably something else going on there we dont know about??? It would be very piss-pour reason to change the match dates because a "certain" few shooters couldnt make it because of conflicting dates. But i hope someone gets-off-there-ass and finalizes this quickly.

I'm self employed and can go regardless of when .

My wife has schduled that week and WONT be able to change it if the date changes.

So much for the same vaction!!!

Dan

I just opened the "Cylinders Turn" from ICORE. IT says the match will be in late June or early July, and that a flier will be mailed out in a few weeks. So much for making plans far in advance.

The Date Changes were approved tonight. But since that weekend is also the Graduation Ceremony for the local College, Cal Poly, any hotel rooms need to be booked NOW. The weeknd of the gradutation is know to have all hotels booked and restraunts busy. Another option is camping at the range.

SO IF YOU PLAN ON BOOKING A HOTEL ROOM DO IT NOW OR YOU MIGHT NOT GET ONE

Hope to see you all at the IRC

Eric

I just tried to get a room at the motel 6 (both of them) in San Luis Obispo, where I always stay at for the IRC and they are completly booked for that weekend. O'well I guess is looks like I might only be going to the southwest regional this year. I'll keep my reservations for the 17,18, and 19 i've already made in case they come to their senses.

Well it don't look good for the IRC for this guy ??

Just checked hotels.com and looks like the cheapest room is $130/night avg.

in the San Luis Obisbo/Morro Bay area (least that's what they list)

I'd stay at the campground if I wasn't flying in, my 1st IRC last year and I guess

I missed out on some good partying at the campground.

I guess this cuts down on the interlopers takin home the big prizes :P

Actually, only kidding about that part, I know how hard it is to schedule just a

small shoot so one of international size must be mind boggling.

Good luck to the powers that be, they have some sleepless nights ahead !

And HEY ! ! sombody mentioned the IRC is always the 3rd weekend......make the

other dang shoot change their dates ! !

well I just got done talking to one of the powers that be, and the explaination of why to match date was changed was very understandable, and I do see why the date was changed. The inconvience should only be for this year, next year the match should go back to the 3rd weekend of June again. For some help on the Ballards side, they did not make the desicion to change the date, try to not make them the scap goats, it's hard enough to try and make a match happen.

The explanation I was given from K. Ballard (email forwarded to ICORE members on request) was that they found out at the Shot Show thru a S&W rep that there was a conflicting S&W match on that date. That is astounding to me because of the history of the IRC. That being the case, I would really like to know what match that is. I would like to shoot it, if possible, as I already have the time off.

Ms. Ballard just responded that the conflicting, and evidently more important match to Smith and Wesson, is the Sportsman's challenge, so, if you are coming from Austrailia to shoot it, your revolvers might not be applicable. I really do not understand what the "conflict" is given the events in the "Team Challenge". It seems like it would draw different shooters. The fact that it is on the same day as the IRC stresses S&W puzzles me. I may be able to make the SW or Bud Bond's match my IRC for the year. Good for TMC, bummer for me. Bubber, don't forget to send pitchers

Guys,

The Motel 6 in Atascadero has rooms for the same price as in San Luis Obispo. It is not much farther from the range; just more inland.

Property Name: ATASCADERO

Property Address: 9400 EL CAMINO REAL

US 101 AT SANTA ROSA RD

ATASCADERO, CA, USA, 93422

Property Phone Number: 805-466-6701

Reservation Phone: 1-800-466-8356

Cliff