Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taming VZ grips

aandabooks

I sprayed mine down with a few coats of clear gloss laquer which took just enough of the sharpness off but still allows the grip to work.. Added bonus is it brings out the laminate colors.....

Is that a standard Kensight? Did you have to do any fitting? Thinking about one for my Springer loaded.

Don't buy the VZ OP II if you don't want an aggressive grip. I love mine. If you don't get a good grip out of the holster the op II's will seat itself in your hand on the first shot because of the angle on the back half of the grips. I think they are an excellent pattern and they do wear off the high points with use. I use them on 4 different guns. as far as price...really.... they are the least expensive modification you can do to a competition gun. We spend any where from 2000 to 5000+ on open guns so 60 to 80 bucks to change grips isn't a big deal to me.

I agree, for what you get from them they're worth it for sure. After shooting 1911 primarily the last few months when I went to shoot an XDm the other day it didn't feel nearly as solid, needs grip tape

My new Aliens and Op2 arrived sat night. The aliens felt good to go as was. The op2 I didn't even bother with hand sanding, grabbed the vibrating handheld sander w 320grit and was done in <1min. Wiped em down and installed they look great. Shot w them yesterday and had no issues whatsoever. Awesome grips

Red