Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS .40, cracked slide stops and DPM

Siberia

I'm new to the forum and to CZ's . I have a couple of Rugers and a FNX-45. I have a TS .40 on its way to me and I've been reading this and other forums in preparation. Planning on shooting both reloads and factory ammo.

I've read a few comments here and there about the TS slide stops cracking after a few thousand rounds. Is that something I should be worried about if I'm going to be using factory ammo?

I also read about the DPM Recoil Reduction Systems and am kind of on the fence about it. Is it BS or would it help prevent potential slide stop cracking and improve follow-up shots? I'm kinda leaning on the side of it being BS and instead just ordering different strength recoil springs from czcustom for different loads, but I'm interested in hearing the opinions of the experts here about the DPM.

Edited by Siberia

I've never used the DPMS, but I did try the Sprinco and didn't like it (the secondary spring made it feel bouncy). I definitely don't think a recoil reducer is necessary (or shock buffers for that matter). I have three TSs and have never broken a slide stop; the one which sees the most rounds is a nine major Open gun shooting 115gr bullets over 1450 fps.

For USPSA 40 major loads (which are softer than most factory 40 loads) I believe (as long as the recoil spring doesn't bind) you can run as light a spring as will still cycle the slide and shoot tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of rounds trouble free.

I used to shoot a TS in .40. It was purchased with three extra slide stops from the previous owner. I ran quite a bit of ammo through that before I sold it. Ran my ammo to just over pf. Never had to replace the slide stop, but was happy to have them jic.

Haven't broken a slide stop in my TS in 40 or any CZ so far. The TS came with 3 extra slide stops so I was worried at first. I did find a flatwire recoil spring and will shoot the TS with it for the first time today. They usually have a longer life and run smoother than the round ones so it should be easier on the slide stop. At this point I'm just hoping it cycles. LOL

Edited by mgardner