Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New accushadow

jstagn

Gun is ready to race as delivered. Any changes are purely personal preference. Shoot it for a couple matches before you change anything.

I put VZ Diamond Back grips on mine and a thin front sight. Some people don't like the safeties.

You say, "from them" as if there's something magical they can do that no one else can. Are you saying you think that because they're sorta the OEM they can install a set of thin safeties and nobody else legally can? I'm puzzled.

Anyways, order whatever you want from them because they're a good bunch of guys who know their stuff, and / or maybe because you want it delivered to you finished the way you wanted it, without having to send it to another shop or wait for parts from the mailman.

Alternatively, order from anybody else if you prefer some other company instead. There are some great companies in that space.

If you're asking for commonly ordered options, thin safeties are nice, I had them custom fit a match barrel for me, different sights (lot of people like adjustable rears, for example, or a different size notch / post ratio, etc, etc), maybe you want them to flip the mag release because you're a lefty, maybe a bag of spare parts for high-wear items (search, there are multiple threads on what to keep handy at matches), maybe you want gear -- belts, mag pouches, holsters, etc.

Yes, I'd rather get them from THEM so I don't have to send it somewhere else, but if I have to, no problem. Are thin safeties legal in Production class? Also, are the VZ grip more aggressive? Reason I ask is that these are the 2 items I keep hearing about. Thin front sight is just something I have to see for myself. THANKS....

If you ordered this from CZC I'm assuming you got the 2014 model that has the pre-B short reset disco in it? In addition to short reset, the other advantage the pre-B disco gives you is a significantly shorter pre-travel in SA mode.

I have 2 CZs from CZ Custom, the first is a 2012 model that has a short reset but not the short pre-travel. The other one is a 2014 model which I just got and has all the latest stuff in it. Having shot the two side by side I much prefer the shorter pre-travel of the 2014 model that is about 1/8" compared to ~1/4" pre-travel in the 2012 model. My 2014 came with the 11 lb recoil spring and 13 lb hammer spring and results a very smooth 7.5 lb DA trigger and a crisp 3 lb SA. The internal polishing probably lends to the smoothness, springs helped with the trigger pull weight, and the hammer/sear for the SA crispness.

I'm going to experiment with the 11.5 lb hammer spring to see what that does to the DA pull and replace the trigger pin with the free floating one from Cajun Gunworks, but other than that I'm just going to shoot the 2014 as is for a while before deciding if I need anything else done.

Two 'special order' things to get direct from CZ Custom instead of DIY, if you want them

- Slide milled for LPA sight (fully adjustable rear that sits low, vs HAJO that sits high on the slide)

- Competition trigger, lowers DA pull at the expense of needing pretty much federal primers only ammo

My first Accu I did both, and wouldn't change a thing on that gun (other than going with thin front sight which I did).

My second Accu I did the standard 'custom' trigger that is with the Accu (good with any primers), and a fixed rear sight instead of HAJO (no wondering when/if rear sight might fail)

If I could only pick one ... I don't know :-)

I had CZC replace the HAJO sight with an adjustable rear on my primary Accu. My back up Accu I bought off Gunbroker and just kept the HAJO rear.

But for my needs the Accu was ready to shoot in matches right out of the box.