Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about USPSA major, which Glock do you recommend?

1eyedfatman

I'd go with your G20 with the 40 barrel with Arredondo extendions on mine I get 21 in the mags

I agree that starting with what you have is a good idea. All you need is the magwell and extensions and those can be swapped to a G35 later if you want.

As for getting 21 rounds in the mag - I've never heard of anyone getting more than 20 and even then the mags can be terribly hard to seat. What generation mags are those?

The G20 is a Larger frame so accessory like extensions and magwells will not fit small frame guns like the G22 or G35

As for what gen mags I use, I believe they are gen2 mags as it is a gen2 gun they are full metal lined drop free mags. My small frame mags (G22-35) only hold 18-19.

The G20 is a Larger frame so accessory like extensions and magwells will not fit small frame guns like the G22 or G35

As for what gen mags I use, I believe they are gen2 mags as it is a gen2 gun they are full metal lined drop free mags. My small frame mags (G22-35) only hold 18-19.

Learned something new today. For some reason, I thought that the 10mm and .40 used a common frame and mags.

I just recently built a g24 top end. Liked it so much I sold the 35 top end because I knew I'd never use it again. I have a gen 4 frame with a lonewolf 24 slide. I did lighten it some as it felt nose heavy before. I run an aluminum magwell so not much weight there.

I just recently built a g24 top end. Liked it so much I sold the 35 top end because I knew I'd never use it again. I have a gen 4 frame with a lonewolf 24 slide. I did lighten it some as it felt nose heavy before. I run an aluminum magwell so not much weight there.

I didn't think a gen3 top end would fit on a gen4 frame.

My LGS has a G17L which I asked to see out of curiosity. I'm not a Glock shooter but this interested me. Probably the first Glock I've ever liked. What uses does it have in gun games? IDPA no, USPSA production no, open only? Bianchi Cup, steel challenge?

My LGS has a G17L which I asked to see out of curiosity. I'm not a Glock shooter but this interested me. Probably the first Glock I've ever liked. What uses does it have in gun games? IDPA no, USPSA production no, open only? Bianchi Cup, steel challenge?

You can shoot limited minor with it as well.

Don't think about it too much, just get it! The 17L is awesome; a really fun gun to shoot. I've used mine for steel challenge and also GSSF. My 34 gets a lot more use though since I shoot Production and it's really just as good for steel challenge, but the 17L is a great gun.

...actually now that I think about it, if you liked the 17L you might want to consider the 24 instead. A much better option for Limited and you can get a 9mm conversion barrel to turn it into a 17L for steel challenge.

Built a couple of G21 conversion to 40 S&W with a Lonewolf slide and barrel. Slide would bind on the recoil spring/rod, had to reduce the bottom of the barrel so it would cycle. Shot sweet, 20 plus 1 rounds. Also built one with the 5+ slide, and barrel, recoil was a bit stiffer. Still was nice if you like shooting Glocks in limited major.