Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good holster for a 6" gun

mulrick

So I have a Caspian hi cap framed 6" limited gun built by Rich over at Canyon Creek Customs. its the newer style (genII??) with the square trigger guard.

I'm thinking about using it in 3 gun this year and ditching the Glock. I run the Caspian in a double alpha racemaster for uspsa, but I was hoping for something with a little more protection for going prone and getting into and out of tighter spots.

I run a bladetech setup currently for 3 gun with the glock, so I was wondering if anyone out there knows what holsters might fit? I have calls into some of the custom guys but most are 6-10 weeks backlogged.

Thanks in advance

Try Center of Mass. http://comholsters.com/ The company is under new management after Rick passed last year. The new guy (Steve) is doing good work with decent turn around times. I have one of his for my CZ that he molded to work with the Boss Hanger and it fits like a glove. I've seen some of his other work for 6" guns at local 3-gun matches and it looks like quality gear.

Awesome guys, I picked up a Bladetech for the mean time, but I'll probably return it quite frankly.

I got in touch with Steve at COM and it sounds like he can build me exactly what I want. Actually I cant say enough about Steve. I called after hours and he spent the better part of 20 minutes asking questions and finding out exactly what I want, even ordering custom kydex for my color scheme. Turns out we went to the same college with the same degree, he used to shoot at my old club and even knew some of the members. Best part is he is thinking he will be able to build it for me on Thursday (it's Monday night) and in the mail after I approve the pictures. Sounds like Steve is doing good by Rich's legacy and I couldn't be happier supporting someone like that.

Thanks guys

Edited by mulrick

Run a g code for my STI frame 2011 and it's the best I have found for that gun. It's hood has a very easy release and works better for me than the bladetech if safariland would have made an ALS holster for it I would be running that as I have one for my glock and it's my favorite by far

• 2 weeks later...