Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion case luge inside your cases

formernuke

Take a gallon ziploc bag. Pump about 10 squirts in there. Dump brass in. Seal and shake. Brass is lubed and wont migrate into the case mouth.

DougC

PS. this is what a lot of commerical loaders do,and what I did when I was one.....

Edited by DougCarden

For those of you who use dillion case lube. Does getting lube inside your cases affect performance of the rounds?

I've never noticed a problem. I spray the stuff onto a bucket of cases then shake it around a bit, the case lube goes all over and inside the cases... I've never experienced any problems with weird velocity or varying OAL.

If youre using dillion spray lube, youd be best to tumbe that stuff off the cases after you work the brass and BEFORE you throw powder in em.

+1000, case lube in the neck is a PITA. especially with small ball or flake powder. The powder sticks to the case wall and then the bullet smashes the powder against the wall.

I always ultrasonic clean my rifle brass before I size it. After its lubed and sized, I throw it in the tumbler with treated corn cob media for about 6 hours. It gets the lube off and gives it pretty polished look. The problem is I always end up with media stuck in the flash hole, sometimes caked in the whole primer pocket. I run it thru universal decapping die which seems to knock it free and clear in one pass.

This has been discussed many times before and experimented with. The normal use of Dillon caselube does not effect the powder in any way. Do a search I am sure you will find adequate posts on the subject. I can honestley say that in 15 years I have not had a malfunction caused by caselube.

Coatesy