Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VG6 Precision Epsilon Compensator

GregSmith

So... my dad, a new shooter, purchased an M&P 15T and he's a tinkerer. So he's starting with the break. He did a "TON of research" (except ask his son) and he was thinking about this comp.

http://www.vg6precision.com/index.php?id_product=18&controller=product

Well, I know what comps I like and can easily regurgitate the top comps for getting rid of recoil and muzzle flip...but this one isn't on too many lists.

Has anyone had experiences, good or bad with this? I did give him my top 7 list of go to comps in various price ranges but he did get me wondering if this performs well. It's pretty interesting looking, especially in stainless. (Cool looking is a relatively high factor for him) I won't be giving up my Carbon Arms Gas Hog any time soon, but he wants something different than his son. (Sigh) If this is decent, maybe my dad can grab this.

So... what say you?

According to a test of around 30 muzzle devices posted on "the truth about guns.com" its a very good comp. The best overall though was one made by precision armaments. Would look at that one first.

Edited by mpom

Yes, if i were any more intimate with Mr. Kelley's article it would be illegal in some states. I passed that along to my dad along with my ramblings. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with it. I will check out TTAG article. Thanks!

Anyone else?