Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trubore T2 or Thundercomp SX for 124gr and AutoComp?

msg73

I'm looking to get a Trubore barrel (9 major) so I don't have to deal with getting the comp fitted to the barrel. Is the Brazos Trubore w/ Thundercomp much better than a stock Trubore T2? I've read that the Thundercomp doesn't work well with 124gr and AutoComp. Would the T2 be better suited for this? Thanks.

Can't speak directly on the AC variable but a local shooter didn't care for how his dot tracked on his trubore with the T2 comp until he drilled side ports in all three chambers.

The difference in price is negligible so I'd get the cuts done.

Have the trubore here and it's not bad but found mine needs 115s and a lot of gas to work well. I also have 2 holes. This said if your having it done you may as well get the barrel and comp seperate as it all has to be fit any way may as well get a better comp and have the ability to chance it

I think that the 2 choices of barrels gets around the threaded barrel bs that is in NJ law. Both of the choices are one piece, as not to fall into the "ass-fault" weapons configurations that the state of New Germany has in place.

Also, magazine restrictions are in place. Limited 10 Open?

Open 15...At least it's not Open 10 like some states.

I ended up getting a good deal on the T2, so I went with that. Lots of Trubore owners love their guns, so it can't be all that bad.

Thanks