Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Terrible trigger in my M&P

GlockCanMan

Sad to say, but my new M&P 45 that I just picked up this last weekend has a 9lb trigger pull. While I knew I would have to install an Apex competition kit anyway, along with sights...I don't think I even want to shoot it until I can get a half way decent trigger in the gun.

If the money is there, skip the apex stuff and get a gunsmith trigger job.

Is that better than the apex fss kit? I've only read one comparison of the two, and it favored the fss. I don't have any experience with either, but I'm leaning towards the flat faced fss.

I prefer that over a fss but thats just my opinion. Ive not been disappointed with the gunsmith jobs on m&p and most others I know would say the same. Ive been not too impressed with apex stuff and I know others who have had same experience. Its an improvement but not all the improvement wanted. If thats the budget it works and it is an improvement but I think a reputable m& p smith can really get out of it whats available in the gun.

If the money is there, skip the apex stuff and get a gunsmith trigger job.

Is that better than the apex fss kit? I've only read one comparison of the two, and it favored the fss. I don't have any experience with either, but I'm leaning towards the flat faced fss.

With a gunsmith job, you still have the "hinge in the middle" trigger which I don't like it the least. (I have Apex triggers on all my m&p's except my 9c carry piece)

I recently bought a new M&P 45 4.5". Installed a Novak competition sight set (fiber front, elevation adjustable rear) and Apex FSS.

In no-time I was able to shoot it as accurately @ 25y as my Gold Cup Trophy with plain Hornady 230gr FMJ's.

I am pleasantly surprised and very happy with my M&P 45.