Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS Powder "Lockout Die"

• 5 months later...

it's a die that you adjust to the powder level you want, then if you overfill or underfill it jams up your press until you fix the situation.

Haven't used one, but from what some people say it can be a bit touchy to adjust. Others think it's better than sliced bread.

There's also the hornady powder cop die, which AFAIK just gives a visual indicator so you don't have to peer inside the case.

I've got one on my 650 and it works great. I started with the Dillon Powder Check but it wouldn't hold the setting for more than a few rounds. With the lockout die if you under/over charge it prevents the press from cycling until you yank the case out.

it's a die that you adjust to the powder level you want, then if you overfill or underfill it jams up your press until you fix the situation.

Haven't used one, but from what some people say it can be a bit touchy to adjust. Others think it's better than sliced bread.

There's also the hornady powder cop die, which AFAIK just gives a visual indicator so you don't have to peer inside the case.

Thanks,Randy