Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brian's Book

Dump1567

I know some will think I'm sucking-up, but let me tell my success story.  I just saw my USPSA score for the week and I shot 60% overall in Limited.  I've been shooting in the mid 40%.  I've only shot about 5 matches and am on my way to getting my C card (need one more classifier).  I would like to give full credit for this improvement to reading Brian's book (and GOD).  All this improvement and I'm only on page 30. I don't know if this was a fluke, but I did try to practice what I read.  I guess I'll find out next time I shoot.  Thanks Brian.

• 9 months later...

I just had an idea so i'm going to post it here, because I dont know where else to put it.

hint hint hint

It sure would be great to have a copy of Brians book on an audio CD to listen to while driving everyday........with Jim Scoutten doing the audio  !

(Edited by Texas Shooter at 9:29 pm on Feb. 9, 2003)

Texas,

What a synchronistic post! A friend, Sarah, who knows me well, just yesterday, recommended that I do just that. She said, and she has an unbelievably beautiful speaking voice, that only I could really convey the meaning behind the words. So I need to learn to read it myself.

I made my mom a guided meditation tape a year or so ago, to help her fall asleep. After a few "takes" I felt like I could actually capture the proper voice for it to be effective. She said she never made it to the end.

I showed this thread to my daughter, bigJoni, and she said I should have folks send me their favorite sentences/paragraphs, which, incredible as it may seem, is exactly what my friend Sarah recommended as well.

So, if you'all wanted to post page numbers (with details) maybe we'll start another survey.

;)

Brian,

As long as you are going to be doing all that work...

How about a DVD/video version of the book to go with an audio version?  You could go chapter by chapter.  

The video version could show examples.  The audio version would mean the dialog (for both versions) would get extra polish and refinement.

I'll take the first copy!

I have actually thought of capturing the audio from the BE interview on Matt's DVD (1st set) to listen to while driving.  I have watched that interview many times and I keep picking up (and re-realizing) stuff.

THE book on tape/CD would be awesome!  I would probably end up commuting to work solo again but what the heck... :)

A video/DVD companion would be nice too.  A picture may be worth a 1000 words but a video clip would be worth what...10000?  100000?  1000000? words.

My vote for fav section at this point would be the whole Focus Type sequence in chpt 3 because that is what I am currently pondering...again.

It is difficult to pick a single favorite, perhaps the entire first chapter? you could expand that chapter into an entire book! And you should    ( IMHO, hopefully shared ). The whole shooting tense, awareness, and seeing is fantastic. The mechanics of grip  stance, etc. would be great audio, even better video. Sign me up for one when you get it done. .              Travis F.

Brian, where is your new book?

Maybe you should give us the "spoken word" based on how IPSC has evolved into the 21st century.

-Matt (no last name necessary) seems to have the modern practical shooting market cornered with his dvd's.

It would be nice to "hear" from you,

afterall,

wasn't it you and tgo that changed modern practical shooting as we all know it?

Always learning..

bird

Hi davecutts dad.

Quote: from spook on 7:14 am on Feb. 10, 2003

What would be really annoying is to cut and paste the entire book to be read by Windows' irritating computer voice. I think he's called Sam and you can have great fun with him.

I though Bill Gates hired Jim Scoutten for that voice