Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore 1.2.24

Jim Norman

We are still running 1.2.21 and so far it is essentially flawless for us running USPSA and 3-Gun Time Plus points. I will change up to to 1.2.24 if I hear it is stable. I'd like to be on the cutting edge, but I am not an IT type so a lot of the issues that can develop make me nervous.

I have to say this, I have never been an Apple/anything user until this September. I purchased a used 32Gb IPad solely to get away from EzWinScore. We now load the pre-match registration file to the IPad and register the walk-ons in the IPad, then delete the no-shows and build the stages right before loading the Nooks. 1.2.21 and the IPad talk to each other very well and the nooks are all synced in minutes.

Syncing everything back to the IPad at the end of the match I can have the scores done in seconds. It is incredibly easy to post the results and handle the activity/classifier report out of the IPad as opposed to getting everything into EzWinScore.

So, as I started out, is 1.2.24 good to go?

Thank you all very much.

The latest iOS beta is way better with finding and syncing with other devices than it has been in the past. I don't know how much is related to Apple iOS updates and how much is PractiScore related but it is much better than before.

OK, so IOs 8.1.1 seems OK, I did update to that but held off on the original update. Ran Sunday with no problems. 1.2.24 is OK, but overwrites what you have already synced. That shouldn't be an issue unless you change something in the master and lose the change due to this with the next sync.

I think I'll give 1.2.24 a try.

Thanks all

I've been beating up the betas in the iOS path with 3 different versions of the book and doing fairly good. The only thing I saw was what bill said. But that was only after I synced nook to nook and then to iOS. The nook must have changed the score date and looked newer to iOS.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so IOs 8.1.1 seems OK, I did update to that but held off on the original update. Ran Sunday with no problems. 1.2.24 is OK, but overwrites what you have already synced. That shouldn't be an issue unless you change something in the master and lose the change due to this with the next sync.

I think I'll give 1.2.24 a try.

Thanks all

Nope. 8.1.1 with 1.2.24 still doesn't work. 7.1.2 with 1.2.24 syncs fine.

Running 8.1.1 and 1.2.21 with no issues.

So should I try 1.2.25? I have a couple 'extra' nooks, maybe a trial is in order

Since you have spares to play with go for it. I've done a good bit of bashing on it over the past couple of days and have been working closely with euxx to resolve stuff I've found.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Zack! Reading that other thread about old sync ids has me thinking whether or not it's best to sync only at the range to avoid confusion. It sounds like it's fixed in the version you're testing.

Btw, is it still bad to post scores to Practiscore.com from an Android device with the latest released version? I read somewhere that iOS is still the way to go for posting scores.

Thanks, Zack! Reading that other thread about old sync ids has me thinking whether or not it's best to sync only at the range to avoid confusion. It sounds like it's fixed in the version you're testing.

Btw, is it still bad to post scores to Practiscore.com from an Android device with the latest released version? I read somewhere that iOS is still the way to go for posting scores.

It's not that posting from Android is bad it's that iOS includes more information/reports in the results upload and that remains the same with 1.2.25. There's a item in the bug tracking system outlining the differences between the two so it's on euxx's radar.

If you're willing to help test 1.2.25 to see if it helps with your sync situation email support@practiscore.com and include a link to this thread in your email. I'm sure having additional testers would be a good thing.

I got a weird thing going on with my android device. We had a match this weekend and everything worked great, I'm the match director, I submitted scores etc, but now if I try to access practiscore.com and click on match results (for all uspsa match lists, not my match), my device won't pull up the match results page. It just spins as if it's loading the page, then crashes the tab.

(I can access my match scores through the app but that is not what I am trying to access. I'm trying to look at all matches across uspsa but can't get them to pull up)

Before running practiscore for my match I could access all match results through the page. Anybody else have that problem or know what could be happening?

Edited by Prov1x

I got a weird thing going on with my android device. We had a match this weekend and everything worked great, I'm the match director, I submitted scores etc, but now if I try to access practiscore.com and click on match results (for all uspsa match lists, not my match), my device won't pull up the match results page. It just spins as if it's loading the page, then crashes the tab...

Please email to support@practiscore.com with a link to your match. One of the web guys will look at it.

I got a weird thing going on with my android device. We had a match this weekend and everything worked great, I'm the match director, I submitted scores etc, but now if I try to access practiscore.com and click on match results (for all uspsa match lists, not my match), my device won't pull up the match results page. It just spins as if it's loading the page, then crashes the tab...

Please email to support@practiscore.com with a link to your match. One of the web guys will look at it.
I am not trying to access my match results. I am trying to click in the tab "match results" on the practiscore home page and that is when it hangs up and crashes the tab.

I was hoping that someone else had an android device and could check to see if that is happening on their end as well or if its just my phone for some reason or another.

Should I still email them about that?

Edited by Prov1x