Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy Targets, Swingers, Poppers, etc.?

Gurkha

Anyone tried the MGM, GT or R&R swinger? I can only find a video for the MGM and it doesn't move as much as I would like it to. I also wouldn't mind poppers that come with a hook on the back so you can attach a cable to activate a swinger but none of them seem to have that option.

I bought a R&R swinger (relatively local to me so no shipping). I got it to practice with, and it is good quality. One of the local clubs uses their stuff and it seems to be holding up well. I think you can get poppers from the major makers that have holes that can be used to connect cable so they can be used as activators. MGM also sells a stand alone piece of knock over steel designed as a swinger activator. That's what I bought as it was cheaper and totally suitable for individual use.

Anyone tried the MGM, GT or R&R swinger? I can only find a video for the MGM and it doesn't move as much as I would like it to. I also wouldn't mind poppers that come with a hook on the back so you can attach a cable to activate a swinger but none of them seem to have that option.

We use the R+R swingers and they have been great, some of them have a movable weight so you can change the speed they swing at. as for activating all the poppers we have, have holes in them about half way between the calibration zone and the hinge for attaching pull lines to, for local matches we use a piece of bailing wire through the hole to some bailing twine, for major matches I install a eye bolt and a cable pull line.

• 2 weeks later...

MGM targets.

Those of us fortunate enought to compete with Mike on a regular basis know that he is a stand up guy, a patriot and an asset to shooting sports.

No other choice as far as I'm concerned.

Cool, well that is who I went with, they were good to deal with. I can't wait to get it all.