Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger 3000 - hits low and right, help!

Bill Schwab

Shotguns are not my thing, so I need a little advice and/or help. I started 3-gun about a year ago and bought a new Stoeger 3000. It's been a great gun and has proved to be very reliable. My only issue with it is that slugs form nice groups low and right. I tested about 5-6 different slugs and Federal Truball's group the closest to the center. At 50 yards they hit 5" low and 6" right. Groups with Light Modified hit the same place as they do with a Cylinder choke. I already have a low front sight/bead, so I can't see getting a lower one to raise the groups, but what really bothers me is how far off to the right the slugs hit. And yes, the gun patterns off to the right too. Is there any semi-simple way to remedy this?

Actually, Kurt Miller has NO idea if his alignment gauge works on a 3000. Never played with one! If someone has one of the guages and a 3000 they could say, but I can't. If it is like a Benelli I can tell you WHY it is off, but if the gauge doesn't fit, it won't help.

The gauge also does NOT align the barrel. The whole idea was to leave the barrel ALONE as Benelli barrels are straight!!!

Edited by kurtm

Meh!!! I don't make any money on the "gauge" there are 4 shops and two individuals who own them. I've got one spare that no one wants. I made the gauge so folks would stop bending barrels to the point of popping loose the vent ribs, VERY STRAIGHT barrels at that. The info is out there for folks. The shops that have them swear by them......BUT as long as there are videos out there like this one, or Jesse's on how to beat the crap out of a barrel, the message will never take hold. I really don't care any more! It falls along the lines of a great philosopher who said "you can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think"!.

I made it to prove a point!

It works!

I hooked up my amigos with a great tool!

If anyone cares they can get the work done, and now I'm on to other things.

Beat the f*#k out of your barrels, mill the shit out of them, add all sorts of wonky sights to make up for it....I don't care. Enlightenment only accrues to those who seek it!

Are you right handed? If so give one of these a try. Think of the shotgun as a rifle and your eye as the rear sight. If it hits low you adjust your rear sight up ie move your eye up which this does. If it shoots to the right move the rear sight left which this does If your right handed. That is like the ADJ comb method used by the shotgun guys to adjust the POI on their clay target guns.

All good info, I appreciate the help. Does anyone know which HiViz rear sight will fit a Stoeger 3000? They make a model # TS2002 for Remington, Benelli, Charles Daly, Ithaca & Browning and a model # TS1002 for Winchester & Mossberg. Sorry I can't copy a link...haven't been able to here since I bought the new computer.

Fed tru-ball 1300fps.; 3-1/2" high @ 50 yds. dead center 12 o'clock off the bench :D . Rear sight is a white painted upside down pyramid on the rib .Nothing I would call a group out @ 100 yds :mellow: Fed tru-ball maybe ? reliable, but Focci seems more accurate always here there cycling issues