Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any input before I send my 34 to Zev?

SERVED_USMC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two major builds with Zev. A full custom, blue, G24 with TiN KKM fluted barrel and Long Shot signature slide cuts. It was very accurate. They started with the frame being the only major stock part. Also have a tuned 19, A40 cut, front serrations, carry stippling with internal magwell finished in hard chrome.

Generally if this is for competition I would suggest the silicone carbine grip with double undercut trigger guard and have the finger grooves removed. They do subtly radius the backstrap and the combination with finger groove removal is a nice high grip that doesn't crush your middle finger knuckle. It is the only Glock grip that I felt sucked my hand in. Medium grit is perfect.

I would pass on the union jack barrel hood engraving, high spots wear the slide more. Lastly the fluting on the barrel isn't that deep, there isn't much of a "bull" in the barrel to work with so I would pass on that too and save a few bucks.

Other than this I would reserve $60/3000 rounds to replace firing pin or get a Jager one, much more durable. Factory is even more durable and works fine, just swap firing pin spring every 2000 rounds. I broke two heads on Zev skeleton pins. Also keep an extra fat trigger pin around. The fulcrum managed to cut one of those in half at one point.

Customer service is excellent. They always took care of me. Hope you send it in.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=200946&p=2228902

Edited by Stician