Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1050 issue

I have "made" shims/washers with biz cards, but they wear out. Just dealing with this yesterday. Called fastenal this morn and the thinnest washer they show is .015 fiber washer. I was hoping for a .001 shim, but no joy.

Anyone have a source for a .001 shim for a 1/8 diameter hole ( or is it 3/16?)

Chop up a chunk of feeler gauge.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

Btw, needed to order an index ball spring as mine is not popping up like it should. Dillon's line has been busy all day. Finally got through about 5 min ago. Was 18th in line. :) lot of folks must have been loading yesterday.

I have "made" shims/washers with biz cards, but they wear out. Just dealing with this yesterday. Called fastenal this morn and the thinnest washer they show is .015 fiber washer. I was hoping for a .001 shim, but no joy.

Anyone have a source for a .001 shim for a 1/8 diameter hole ( or is it 3/16?)

0.001" is awfully thin, about two layers of standard aluminum foil or one thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil.

I'm having the same problem. Primers don't feed and they end up getting kicked out under the press onto the bench.

This is a brand new press. I've replaced the plastic feed lips on the primer feed tube a few times already, but it still happens. Just today, I had 12 primers out of 100 fail to feed and get kicked out on to the bench. Using Winchester Small Rifle primers and have a weight on my follower.

Chris are the kicked out primers damaged or deformed? And what caliber brass? I have 3 super 1050's. The 1050 setup for 9mm gives me the most headaches but its not the press its the range brass I use. I've solved 90 percent of my priming problems by have the swager set properly. And if I want the other 10 percent of my problem solved it would require using one brand or manufacture of brass and set the machine for that brass only. 9mm brass is problematic due to numerous manufactures tolerances. Why I ask about the condition of the primers you are finding on your bench. They may be catching the edge of a poorly shaped primer pocket. The primer seater then deforms the primer because it can't be inserted properly.

The press is set up for .223 from Dillon. The primers that fall out are perfect, not crushed or deformed and I end up reusing them. Last time this happened, it appears the primers get snagged on something and don't quite make it into the transfer bar then get pushed out the bottom.

You guys that are putting weights on the top of your primer rods - did you ever stop and wonder what would happen if you had the whole primer magazine go off? I'm thankful I only ever saw pictures of the aftermath of a detonation. I don't think I'd want a case / bullet thrown on the top of the primer column.

Clean things up and get your press adjusted and there isn't a need for added weights.