Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock model's coming out.

GlockSpeed31

The new "Harris Autopistols 2005 Buyer's Guide for Glock" has all 3 .45gap models on the front cover with two related articles inside. Walt Rauch, who I respect as a gunwriter, gives high marks to the trio.

And Chuck Taylor did a 10,000 round torture test of the Glock 37 to prove that it is a very solid pistol and performs great.

Also, Glock is starting to make frames here in the US.

I wonder if that means they will start offering the .380 models (Glock 25 & 28) here now. Since the reason they didn't sell them in the US before is because those particular models did not rate enough import points.

If they are produced domestically, they are legal to market here.

Not that I particularly want one. Especially since I can get the exact same gun in 9mm or .40. But I have seen a number of people ask about them from time to time. I'm sure if the .45 GAP sells, Glock should be able sell at least as many guns in .380.

• 3 weeks later...
Nope. I just felt the price of their American-made guns go down. Just like what happened when SIG started producing guns in the US - they cost much less than the European made and assembled pieces.

How did I miss that data point about Sig?

TR

"and they both shoot amazingly soft, softer than the 37 for a reason I have not figured out yet."

Got to be the Glock version of the STI Recoil Master (or double spring recoils system). Come to think of it, didn't Glock come out with the 2-spring system well BEFORE the intro of the STI system? Sounds like Glock got the rates just right.

"and they both shoot amazingly soft, softer than the 37 for a reason I have not figured out yet."

Got to be the Glock version of the STI Recoil Master (or double spring recoils system). Come to think of it, didn't Glock come out with the 2-spring system well BEFORE the intro of the STI system? Sounds like Glock got the rates just right.

Yep - the G27 and G26 have the double spring recoil system. Actually, Seacamp has a patent on the design.

Seacamp sued Glock for infringement and there was an undisclosed settlement . . .