Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I make a MDL 28 work in ICORE

found a nice mdl 28 pinned but the cyl is recessed and don't know if it will reload well?

Looking for a gun to shoot classic, looking for some suggestions and if folks got anything cool I'm looking

I'd consider limited with a 38spl /38super 8 shoot also

Thanks for all the help up till now with the revolver stuff. ITs been a long time since I did anything other than a 625 once a month in idpa. so the cool stuff for ICORE is all new to me

There is nothing wrong with a N-frame in ICORE Classic. ICORE is geared more to accuracy than speed, and a heavier gun holds better on target (IMHO) than a lighter gun.

Safariland Comp III speadloaders (carry at least six!). Good holster, good sights, and you're good to go. The recessed chambers are a non-factor with RN bullets in a Comp III.

Practice. It works. And your M28 will also work. It's the Indian, and not the arrow.

If I am not mistakened, the model 28 is a 6 shot N frame in 38 caliber. The issue is getting good speedloaders for it. The choice is quite slim as I cannot find Jets or Comp III's for it. But on the upside is the discussion of having a 6 shot Limited Division for 6 shot guns in ICORE. You would have to decide if you wanted to shoot Classic ( with speedloader 6 shot guns only) or shoot heads up with the all 6 shots. ICORE is looking to include the 625, 646 and others that only have 6 shots. As IDPA is doing away with the moonclipped division they have no place to shoot it and in USPSA the 6 shots have to work with a disadvantage. The idea, brought about by a member, would let all the the revos play. You would have no advantage over any of the 6 shots with a 625 except for cheap start up cost in moonclips, and a shorter learning curve on reloading, but you would be competitive on this format and you can shoot the K,L, and N frames. It is something you may want to think about as ICORE has taken a lead in this endevour but it is in the first stage of discussion but can be bear fruit in a short time, but not immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

JCC,

If you can spare the cash, a 929 is the only way to go.

If money is an issue and you want a used gun, I suggest a 686 instead of a M28. One can get all the speed loaders one wants for the 686 or have it cut for fullmoon clips for the 6-shot Limited class that Bubber mentioned (it could happen). One question Bubber,..would 6-Shot Limited allow aftermarket barrels like the ICORE limited Div? Also, what about a 6-shot Open class? I have guns (from back in the day) in the safe that are waiting. :^)

They are discussing the details however I do not think that there would be a change in the requirement from limited to limited 6. I So custom barrels could be used as long as there were no ports added. I do not see a division for open 6 in the near future. Open is becoming the smaller division at larger matches.