Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone up for training?

3djedi

I had the very rare opportunity to visit Vladivostok when I was in the USAF, at the time I was a linguist. Specializing in Russian and Korean, and working as a tactical interrogator. Trust me, these guys do training that gets much crazier than this when the presence of US cameras isn't a factor. The 'Spetznas'... Or Войска специального назначения, is the hardest, most focused group of operators I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Doing the mag dump over his shoulder, without aiming, just barely to the right of the guy downrange? Thanks, but I'm thinking I'm gonna take a rain check on that one..

I wonder if that gun was loaded with blanks. I noticed that gun had tape on it. Like yellow safety tape.....

On one hand I can kinda understand why they don't. They call these "confidence drills," right? Well shooting live rounds would build confidence in your gear as well as your partners. (I know I sound just as crazy as them since I'm defending this, but just stay with me.) Getting shot while wearing your vest would show you how effective it is, and that yes, you can and will fight through the pain (cause getting shot in your vest would still hurt like hell). And, you gain trust in your comrades by having them shoot near/at you but won't actually hurt you. Crazy and overkill? Yea I think so, but I kinda get it.

Think the up-range AD was intentional?

Also, pretty sure Andre was over here in July at RM3G.

A nd is never intentional.

In that context, there isn't a "up range"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by NPSS

Im not so sure, I have spent a considerable amount of time working with Russian spetsnaz... While these guys seem to be a little more "tier 1ish" than your everyday Spetsnaz, the fact remains that they (russian SF) tend to make poor tactical decisions, regardless of apparent training level... I have seen first hand Spetsnaz guys weed their ranks inadvertantly doing stunts like this to prove something to other military's.

Andre, the guy taking live rounds to his vest was a pleasure to r.o. at the world shoot. Very much seemed to be a normal gun guy. He did move quickly though especially for a big guy. On one part of one stage i was working he was ahead in time of jerry miculek but then he got hung up on one target & there went his time......